No more subway :(

iAndy

Platinum Member
Shocking news..... Subway is making loadsa it's stores halal so will be discontinuing it's best sandwiches (IMO)

Looks like finding somewhere else to eat or going on a diet haha

in all fairness to animals..i would prefer them to be stunned before killing..agree with that tbh..killing animals while they still conscious is cruel but dont see a point of not being able to get bacon on my sandwich anymore..thats just wrong..full english breakfast is next..no bacon no sausages..might not taste as good anymore

what country do we live in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

getting a bit sick of certain factions in this country dictating to us....don't like it leave!!!

the minority that gets treated with kid gloves its about time we took control and stopped all this pampering to the wrong ones

sorry just gets me wind up this blooming lot!!!

Last edited:
makes me cry really does, love subway every now and then but certainly not anymore.
Dislike ham all you like just don't ruin it for the rest of us.

****ing ridiculous, we don't go to there country and enforce our beliefs, don't mind other cultures being here, in fact i welcome it but don't try to ruin our own culture in the process.

in all fairness to animals..i would prefer them to be stunned before killing..agree with that tbh..killing animals while they still conscious is cruel but dont see a point of not being able to get bacon on my sandwich anymore..thats just wrong..full english breakfast is next..no bacon no sausages..might not taste as good anymore

Halal is unstunned killing, our law over here is that animials must be stunned, UNLESS, for relgious reasons then we allow unstunned, i.e Halal.

--
Well I will now boycott Subway, that is terrible that they can be mandated to like that. Shame as I was a bit of a sucker for a double meat, chicken with sweet onion sauce.

This country is ridiculous though, soon it'll be time to start having white only disco's, we've become the minority now in our own bloody country...

Stuff like this makes me want to backlash though, drive by Bacon hurling spread the word my friends :smiley: you heard it here first! Bacon fight club, first rule and second rule,, well we know those, 3rd rule - go and buy some rashers and launch them at Muslims.

Last edited:
****ing ridiculous, we don't go to there country and enforce our beliefs, don't mind other cultures being here, in fact i welcome it but don't try to ruin our own culture in the process.

David Cameron take note and give this man a medal.
Can't put it any better than that.

To celebrate, i'm going to eat something ham-based tomorrow for lunch.

On a serious note, probably best delete this thread as i don't want the entire club looking like a set of racists, not sure on the Clios sales figures for country's such as India etc...never know :tongue_smilie:

Just for clarification I'm pretty sure that in modern Islamic law the stunning of animals before slaughter is permitted, I can only imagine a handful of slaughterhouses practicing un-stunned slaughter on animals as many Islamic followers preach kindness to all animals.

I also feel that the strong reaction for bacon and ham being removed from subways menu is uncalled for!! It's only food! If someone decides to follow a certain belief I don't feel it is anyone else's right to criticise what they believe in!

I also feel that the strong reaction for bacon and ham being removed from subways menu is uncalled for!! It's only food! If someone decides to follow a certain belief I don't feel it is anyone else's right to criticise what they believe in!

Yes but why should it be removed from the menu? Why can't they just not order a sandwich with bacon/ ham in? It's like vegetarians complaining about meat being served full stop, are they going to end up just doing vegi sandwiches? I'm obviously not saying vegetarians are a religion but at the the staff can changed their gloves if so desired. It is it the sight of said meat??

I have no idea what you are all on about, despite my none athletic look i haven't touched anything like that in over a decade.

Yes but why should it be removed from the menu? Why can't they just not order a sandwich with bacon/ ham in?

Exactly this, it's missing the point to think oh well it's only bacon (though that in itself is a crime :wink:). Personally I think all religion is misguided, however I wouldn't dream of setting up in another country and then start to try and essentially colonize it, which is what is happening. If non-native people want this country to be like their own so much, well you know what they should do. We the natural indigenous people are now suffering as a result of this action - yes its "only" Subway, but where do you draw the line because precedents are being set now.

I don't see anything wrong with the above, it is not racist before anyone misinterprets and I scorn at just as many benefit scrounging UK subjects equally. Genuine decent working Muslims which there are plenty are more than welcome, and they are not the ones actioning this type of behaviour either.

Interesting read on people's views about this, I for one will not be eating at subway anymore after hearing this as I am against eating halal meat, surely the whole fuss this has caused over Facebook ect. Will lose business for subway.

The ideas of the UKIP are becoming more and more appealing! Just a pity they will never come into power. :worried:

I can't see the logic in this decision. Has there been increasing pressure from islamic followers on subway to deliver this change? Are subway trying to extend their market share to include muslim folowers? Either way there is a hell of a lot of negative press about this issue, I don't see how they anticipated to sell more by making this decisoin.

If you sell pappers, it pays to annoy your readers, sandwiches....maybe not so much.

Unless of course this is another one of those situations where we get completely the wrong end of the stick, but I can't see how with this particular case....