Nitrogen Tyre Fill

Not sure if anyone has had this done yet, but I have had my tyres filled with Nitrogen recently, instead of normal air, and it may sound daft.. but it does actually make a difference and I can certainly recommend it if anyone is thinking of having it done...

I had to get two new front Sport Contact 3's fitted and was offered this option FOC on all 4 tyres..

It offers a more firmer ride, but it feels a lot more refined.. odd combination of words in that sentence I know!! It apparently prolongs tyre life and cold standing leakage from the tyre in minimised..

http://www.uniflate.com/

Last edited:
It'll be the new tyres with their stiffer sidewalls that are making the ride firmer, not the gas inside them!

It'll be the new tyres with their stiffer sidewalls that are making the ride firmer, not the gas inside them!

Nope.. had Continental Sport Contact 3's all round before, replaced like for like..!

My brother has a brand new VW Touareg V6, he actually drove on the first day of purchase of his jeep to have the standard air taken out of his tyres, and re-filled with Nitrogen and he can even notice a difference in that..

Last edited:
well me company car has nitrogen filled tyres - no difference on that - apart from the btter grip new tyres give ;/

Guess it must just me and my old age setting in then lol.. but my car does feel quite different when driving on uneven road surfaces.. it just seems a little more refined and less 'crashy'.. :confused1:

Guess it must just me and my old age setting in then lol.. but my car does feel quite different when driving on uneven road surfaces.. it just seems a little more refined and less 'crashy'.. :confused1:

the only advantage it has is because it's inert it does not expand and contract under temp changes, ideal for race cars where the tyre pressure needs to be constant but for the road it's pretty pointless. it can't be any less bouncy or firmas the pressure whether air or ntrogen is what dictate the ride