Nick's Deep Black R27

Hi All,

Welcome to my progress thread, I haven't got too much planned for the car as yet but thought I would make a thread, to share my experience and for anyone to comment on if they have any suggestions.

After having owned the car for nearly 2 months I decided it was time to make the car my own. I don't have a history of modding cars but want to make this look and drive as good as possible. Looking through a number of projects on here has given me ideas, but i'm living in a dream world as i'm a masters student and have no income.

As far as I am aware the previous owner didn't change the car in anyway.

First things first, I wanted to sort out some spacers. I know they get some hate, but I haven't really driven far with them on and its an easy job to take them off if I decide they negatives outweigh the positives. For me they really make the car look more aggressive and hope they don't affect the handling. I opted for the 19mm Ktec spacers (all round)

Here are some pics after fitting and then after a quick wash.

IMG_1837_zps047ebb4e.jpg

IMG_1866_zpsbeff888e.jpg

IMG_1901_zpsf3a99f17.jpg

IMG_1884_zpsb826fc39.jpg

Mods to come in the future:
(selling things on eBay for funds)

Cooksport lowering springs - hopefully by October

Sprint Spoiler - around New Year

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to read and will regularly update this thread with how the car is driving and if anything is done to the car.

Little update, been really busy with my masters at Uni, haven't even had the car for the past 3 months as its been sat on the drive at home.

Finally got round to ordering my sprint spoiler for The Spray Shack and it arrived the other day. Looking to fit it in the new year, hopefully before i head back to uni for exams, but we shall see how things go, might have to wait until Feb.

Still planning on getting some new springs, but will probably just buy them and fit them in the summer when i have more time

IMG_2412_zps8621bfea.jpg

Looking good!
they look menacing in black, I wouldn't have the patience to keep it clean though!
if you don't mind me asking how much was the sprint spoiler from
the spray shack? Can't find any info on the web site.

I paid £310 for it to be sprayed and shipped. Think the spoiler alone cost £200. I dropped them a message on here, but its probably best just to phone them up.

Car went in for its service last week, turns out the front two coils had sheared, nice surprise bill i wasn' t really expecting!

It seemed to drive fine so didn't suspect that anything was wrong, went for standard cup springs again as i got some of the costs covered by a warranty.

IMG_3003_zpslxjv8vor.jpg

IMG_3005_zpsbglbvnkx.jpg

IMG_3004_zpsjumyruo1.jpg[/URL]

Hopefully going to get round to fitting the sprint spoiler this week and get the 'clio' removed.

Nice , xenons too. I notice mine has had springs replaced due to snapping. Common issue on the clios then ?

Seems to have been a few cases, but seems quite rare. Its just because the protective casing has worm away and its started to rust and eventually went. Don't know how long it had been like it though

Finally got round to fitting the spoiler this week and got a stubby ariel off ebay. Pretty happy with how its looking now. Havent got the car for the next month or two as it exams for me. Things to come when i get it back:
Diamond Covers - thinking of anthracite or bronze
De 'clio'

IMG_3110_zpsgbwbf3yj.jpg