Nice & clean car, but....

So gave the car a little wash today, used all AG products. But want to get more into detailing, how do u know when u need to clay? What clay and lube's best? Also im using AG SRP at the mo, anyone think of a better polish for Albi blue colour?5f93c53f-e906-7da9.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341253768.543192.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341253768.543192.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Run the back of your hand down the panels if they stick it needs doing it should feel like a baby's bum

Not everyone has access to a baby Roy so will not know what the paint its ment to feel like. Would my ladies boob surfice as a sufficient calibration?

Cheers roy lol, any ideas on polishes & waxes? Which is best? And what would u guys use on cills and arches as such?

I'm no expert Martin but there is loads out there have a look in the detailing section there's loads of advise in there
Not everyone has access to a baby Roy so will not know what the paint its ment to feel like. Would my ladies boob surfice as a sufficient calibration?
Angel you need to get some loving going on there then:-p:-p:-p

^ LIGHTLY rub your hand, fingertips might be best. If its gritty or you can feel any spots on it then it's time to clay. TBH the Meguires stuff is pretty decent and can be picked up from Halfords in a pack, the lube is good and the clay is soft enough so that your fairly safe unless your a lunatic with it.

When it comes to polish it all depends what your looking for and I'm sure others will have their own recommendations. Personally I find chemical guys black hole glaze gives a nice glossy finish without covering up any flake in the paint. It works great on darker cars and fills in swirls as it goes rather than cutting away at your lacquer.

Don't forget though that a polish is primarily designed to clean or prep a surface, for end results you need to seal if afterwards to really see the benefits and keep them there. This is where it gets interesting, you have waxes and all sorts of crazy sealants out there to choose from, I used Poor Boys Blue on my old Fiesta ZS which gave good results for very little money, but it was a bit chalky. Get over to detailing world if you want more advice :smile:

I like you idea Angel, think I'll use this from now on. "pop em out love, I need to know if I should be claying the car today"....

Last edited:
I like you idea Angel, think I'll use this from now on. "pop em out love, I need to know if I should be claying the car today"....

Robo what's wrong with you tonite mate??? You got it on the brain.God help the other half tonite:tongueout:anic::tongueout:anic::tongueout:anic: think you need to:poke::poke:

Similar Thread Suggestions