Newbie....

Hi guys, I'm new on here. Looking to buy a black 197.

Test drove the 200, but just not keen on the new front end (sorry if i offended anyone ), fantastic car is all I can say.

Drove the 197 a week later, and loved it. Felt a lot more firm in the bends than my ST.

I have a Fiesta ST at the moment, and have put it back to standard ready to sell.

I have decided to sell, and look for something a bit newer and a bit more appealing, which has mods at factory.

I was running 192 bhp in it, which was RR just before I sold everything on it.

Here's a couple of pics.

Macey2-1.jpg

Photo0375.jpg

Not looking to modify my 197 (when I get it) apart from some springs.

Any buying advice would be much appreciated :smiley:

Welcome to the site.

I'd own a Fiesta ST anyday (as long as I had the 197 too). I LOVE them, and I am on the policy of one of the best mates who owns an ST.

They may be slower, but I adore them. But the 197 stole my heart.

Buying advice? Errr, not sure, but someone on here will give you sound advice!

Welcome to the site mikey.
You'll not regret getting a 197.

How much you looking to spend or will it be finance.?

Welcome to the site and hope you find a good one. If not there's loads of advice on here and stories of all that can go wrong. Don't be put off as most problems are fixable.

Welcome mate, like the ST but good choice in change - my gf has one so we have a bit of rivalry between the two :tongueout: What mods you have on the ST?

Power delivery in the clio is a little different to the ST, but it still puts a smile on your face. Look out for a well looked after 197, you'll know when you find the perfect one!

Last edited:
Welcome mate, like the ST but good choice in change - my gf has one so we have a bit of rivalry between the two :tongueout: What mods you have on the ST?

Power delivery in the clio is a little different to the ST, but it still puts a smile on your face. Look out for a well looked after 197, you'll know when you find the perfect one!

I like! I love the Fez, but it's time for a change, and time for something a little bit bigger.

It had a Mountune Cais, 60mm TB, Milltek Manifold & Decat (just before I sold it), Mountune Cat back, Cosworth Cams, Jam Sport Remap, Team Dynamics Wheels with Yoko's, Eibach Springs, Front & Rear Strut braces, Carbon Cosworth Coil Cover.

Went a bit mad really. Just looking for something a bit more refined!

Cheers

welcome to the site mate,

i have also moved from an ST to a F/F 197, and i also told myself that i wouldnt do anything to it mod wise. ( i think that lasted 2 1/2 weeks lol ).

great move from an ST you will love em.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4