Newbie saying hi and how i fixed my heater

hi, just bought my second clio, first was a 1997 1.2 127k on clock before had to be scrapped.
This is my second, its a 2004 1.2 16v bought about a week ago.

Has a few problems, leaking sunroof which i plan just to seal up, air bag light on which goes out on occasion, seems to be related to the seat going back so most likely wiring underneath drivers seat, limp mode every other day, just reset the mil light tonight so we shall see whats up there soon enough. got a strange pipe which i guess should be connected to what would have been original air filter but there is a big cone filter there now. and lastly but not least the car had no heater. Well it heated but did not blow.

Yesterday i had a look at the blower connections and one showing signs of rust, cleaned it up with contact cleaner and put it back together, no joy, anyway had no time to investigate further till tonight. Got in car and it started right up, great or so i thought but it cut out. Fiddled with wiring (wire that goes from top to bottom of blower when wiggled seem to irratically start and stop the blower. Stripped out the blower in 5mins no bother (thought it would have been harder to be honest), connections to the plug on motor where really bad so chopped them off and put on new crimped connections and installed but no joy, took it back out and bench tested it, also with no joy. So i had another think and noticed it had carbon brushes, took them out and looked to be in ok condition with plenty of life, i stretched the spring to add tension and put all back together, bench tested and Dancer, it worked.....

Installed in car which by this time was a frozen block of ice and left the car running for 10mins...... hey presto car not only demisted the window but completely melted the ice on outside of windscreen............ lovely jubbly......... on to the next thing.

Cheers, hope to be using this forum a lot and will share my progress.

By the way i used a land rover icarsoft i930 to read and clear the codes and reset the MIL after ordering up one of those blue tooth obd2 readers that you use with the torque app, it was rubbish and would not connect at all. the icarsoft unit connected no problem.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N New Members 18
GraemeR New Members 20
@ndy New Members 12
T New Members 11
LiamS77 New Members 5