Newbie pics

Gorgeous car :-D

Some people heat the badge up with hair dryer but I never bothered, I just used warm soapy water, soaked it for a bit (boot up, wet cloth over it) then dental floss underneath and pulled carefully to remove, then used autoglym tar removed on the stickiness left then washed car and polished after, can't tell it's been there.

Enjoy!

Lovely car, wheels looks great!

On a side note, cheer for the above tip, I'll be trying that at the weekend (can't get a hairdryer out to my car. Oh and I'm bald anyway so don't have one....)

197 back speakers

Hey guys bit off topic but does anyone know of the standard 197 speakers in the back actually work or are just for show? Im asking because I don't know if they are broke or actually just speaker covers. Cheers

Hey guys bit off topic but does anyone know of the standard 197 speakers in the back actually work or are just for show? Im asking because I don't know if they are broke or actually just speaker covers. Cheers

The cups have no speakers in the rear from the factory, wires are there though.

How can I tell if my car is the cup version because when I check it by reg just says 197 is there anyway of telling? I'm a complete newbie to all this so that might sound daft lol cheers for the reply though

How can I tell if my car is the cup version because when I check it by reg just says 197 is there anyway of telling? I'm a complete newbie to all this so that might sound daft lol cheers for the reply though

Sorry, just looked at your pic again and it can't be a cup, they only came in three colours, grey white and racing blue.

The covers are only clipped on and speakers only held in with two screws so easy to see if wired up.

The fade is not all the way to the front is it?

Ahhh ok, ive played about with the fade and had no change, if it's standard then they should be wired up? Thanks again pal

Your car is on a 57 plate so the rear speakers where a £100 option on the stereo upgrade.

Later is was standard on the sport after a standard spec change.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4