Newbie here - hi!

Well, I've put an order into Renualt for a RS 200, so I thought I had best post up with an introduction. First impressions of this site have been great, everyone seems very helpful!

I live in Reading, Berks and currently drive around in a BMW Alpina B3S after a few Nissan 200sx's over the years. I'm 33 and have been telling all that will listen when I have a mid-life crisis I'll buy a Prius or a suitable family car - a Clio doesn't make me a boy racer... (that is until they see the spec!) :smiley:

I usually (by luck) buy rare cars that are great 'drivers cars' and from reading reviews and forums the RS200 sounds about right for me.

IMAG0114.gif

castlecombe_march07.gif

I've finally decided I'm done with older cars and fancied something new and fun in my life to enjoy the odd track day in and take me to work and back daily. I'm in IT, but have a keen interest in all things mechanical and have a history of 'tinkering' with cars.

Buying a RS200 hasn't been easy as my local dealer is pretty useless, but I've found other dealers great over the phone, bending over backwards to help me get the spec I want at a reasonable price. I need to stop watching videos of RS200s down the ring and track days, it's getting me all excited!!

So anyway, still umm'ing and arr'ing over colour, but I have a very understanding dealer :smiley:

Thus far it's:

FF RS 200
Nimbus Grey (or Albi Blue :bounce: )
Leccy Mirrors
Recaros
Cup Chassis
Cup Spoiler
Black Speedlines
Monitor Pack
USB/Bluetooth upgrade
Corner lights
err, I think that's it!

Just the epic wait now.. oh and to sell my Alpina! :smiley:

:thumbup:

Rich

Last edited:
Thanks all... I've had another spanner in the works today - do I bother waiting until March for a '10' plate!?

Seems odd to be talking about something in March when it's still only early December!

If you haven't decided on a colour yet...I'd have a think about it over Xmas if you want to wait that long, then by the time its delivered you should be ready for the '61' plate.

Few people on here have had to wait nearly three months anyway I think.

I'm ordering mid to late January so it's in time for the new plate!

Cheers Jonny.. dealers said it would be an 11 plate!?

It seems the longer I have to think about spec and colour the less certain I am about anything!

Hmm, might put it off then, buying a new car is bad enough with deprieciation.. let alone buying one just before the plate change.

Waiting to hear back what happens with the VAT increase. i.e. there must be a cut-off point on how late I can get the car and till only pay 17.5%..

Rich

Oh yeah sorry...it will be '11' then '61' in September!

I know what you mean, I've been putting my spec together since mid November and still chopping and changing, the one thing I am certain on is colour!

I think the cut off is around the 6th January...but I'm sure somone can verify this!

Make a decision and get it ordered.. no going back then LOL they can always wait to register it when the 11 plate is out?

Oh how wrong you are Maz.. I've already ordered, but the sales guy said I can change options/colours for 2-3 weeks after! Ugh!

I think I'll ask them to hold off so I get a 11 plate :'(

Rich

Make a decision and get it ordered.. no going back then LOL they can always wait to register it when the 11 plate is out?

Welcome, know what you mean about options. Ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told that it would be here late Feb. Stealer said that he would hold the car untill the new Reg came out, but now he has my order it may be a different situation.

I would wait untill the 11 plate, I think they'll look quite cool. Only March, so so not that much of a wait.

Yeah, that's what mine is doing now... Is it just me concerned that someone will take it out as a demonstrator or have people 'testing out' the Recaro seats?!

I should be more trusting...

Rich

I think that may just be you...but if it comes with far more than the standard 'delivery miles' of about 10 then tell them they can start knocking some £££'s off!

A friend of mine has got the Focus RS500 and when he went to pick up what he thought was his BRAND NEW car it had 178 miles on the clock...his salesman said this rare model needs 'running' in before it can leave the showroom...he got £2800 cash back off the dealership manager for that!

Cheeky salesman...I probably would have done the same!

:welcome: to the site :smile:

Re the numberplates, don't forget, you can always get a "CL10 ***" plate :smile::smile::smile:

Right - an update! The car arrived (with 7 miles on the clock) and is everything I hoped for!

Here are a few pictures - but I guess they all look the same after a while!?

05cd1313.gif

b9116216.gif

16425655.gif

e0170d8e.gif

Very please I had the options I did, including colour, suspension, seats and wheels!

Rich

Similar Thread Suggestions