New wheels recommendations

i found these weights on the german clio forum ...

. renault sport 10,1KG
. renault speedline 10,1KG
. renault cup 9,1KG

... no idea which wheels they exactly are, but all heavier than the OZ's.

pro's and cons of higher and lower ET ... i'm no expert, but i'm told that the further away you move from your original ET values, the more strain there will be on wheel bearings and suspension parts. no clue as to how much faster you'll go through your bearings, depends a bit on how you use/abuse your clio, i guess.

when i was looking for a second set, i didn't want them to extend too much. one reason was, that i was wary of excessive strain and the second reason was, that if i ever decide to lower the clio, there won't be any tyre rubbing. i finally went for the braids, basically because i could choose the ET value and being a competition wheel they are a very strongly built.

i could have chosen an ET value where they'd sit exactly as oem wheels, but in the end decided to go for just a bit wider than oem just because of the looks. it's only 6mm per corner, but together with the (broad shouldered) yokohama's, i'm super pleased with how they sit in the wheel arches.

there's a couple of guys on here who have the OZ ultraleggera's. would be interesting to know if they have experience with higher (suspension and wheel bearings) wear.