New wheel for the Cup

Replaced the 197 Cup steering wheel with one from a standard 197. (cup wheels are thinner and plastic). So managed to pick up a cheap 197 wheel off ebay as mk3 ones are going the same way as the Mk2, melty lol

So after seeing some of the re trimmers work (not edge) its would be rude not to, especially as he was local to me. So let him work some magic. Wanted it o.e looking, so silver stitching and red tdc. Excuse the crap phone pics,

WP_000981_zps6ff6d502.jpg

WP_000984_zps2bb79d80.jpg

WP_000982_zps0503173c.jpg

Quality is second to none, happy bunny indeed, adds a bit (lol) of quality to the Cup interior

Gaz

Looks very tidy that, and as others have said very OEM. Loving the red strip, much better than a bit of stitching.

How long did it take to do?
I guess most of us need our car each day so find it impossible to remove wheel/ wait several days for retrimming - would be good if trimmer had a spare wheel ready trimmed for an exchange service?

Who did yours?

I have seen carbon bits somewhere for the Clio oem wheel... I think they just clip on. They go over the peeling bits on the side of the wheel. Didn't look too bad on the picture. Anyone know where I can get these? Any reviews on them?

It took a while, but that's because i was in no rush as i picked this wheel up off egay. He doesn't have a spare Mk3 (has plenty of Mk2's to lend) If you need contact details drop me a PM :smile: