new wannabe from south wales

Hi guys. Just saying hi. Waiting for the lease on my current at to expire in march then am set on buying an rs200. Can't wait to get one and become a part of this forum

Reactions: Gav16
Get reading and get as much info as possible. Don't rule out a 197 and take your time and be patient to find the right one. Good luck and keep us posted.

Welcome to the Family as said do your homework buy on history and condition over milage and have a look at the buyers guide too good hunting

Cheers guys. Alien green would be nice but I do like the white a lot. I'm essentially after a car with the following options desirable

Rear spoiler
Red brembos
Climate control
Auto lights/wipers

Previously had a 180bhp colt turbo but have been driving an electric Nissan leaf for last two years. Excited to get back to something fun

Welcome. Sounds like you're looking for a full fat car with cup chassis. Red calipers indicate cup chassis, which has firmer suspension & quicker steering rack. Many non cup cars have had the callipers painted red for looks though. Auto lights/wipers & climate control is full fat car. As said, take your time to find the right one & you'll love it. Such a blast to drive.

Reactions: Pav
You have what I want spot on there Johnny99. Would be amazing if I could find alien green or liquid yellow with that spec within my budget but I am not holding out too much hopes. Been lurking here every day now and reading threads. The gearbox problem does seem to be a small pause for concern. When the time comes would love to buy the car from a forum member where everything is documented well. Ebay/Dealers you just dont know what your getting half the time. I am so excited tho and looking every day even tho my actual purchase will be a few months off yet!

Reactions: sevenfourate
You have what I want spot on there Johnny99. Would be amazing if I could find alien green or liquid yellow with that spec within my budget but I am not holding out too much hopes. Been lurking here every day now and reading threads. The gearbox problem does seem to be a small pause for concern. When the time comes would love to buy the car from a forum member where everything is documented well. Ebay/Dealers you just dont know what your getting half the time. I am so excited tho and looking every day even tho my actual purchase will be a few months off yet!

Gearbox is really a matter of luck I'm afraid. Possibly latest cars less prone to issues but no guarantees even there.