New Tyres...

Ok the time has come to get some new tyres....still got a little left on the fronts but with winter here I thought I'd treat myself so the question is what do I go for?

Do I stick with the Conti's - they are ok but just wondered if I should try something else?
Toyo's? Had them on previous cars and they were mega, can also get them alot cheaper than the conti's!!!

So anyone tried the Toyo's T1R's I think.....anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheers Hughsie

T1R's aren't very good on the Clio.

If you want 'budget' then get Hankook V12's, but everyone is after them so they can be hard to get. I paid £60 per corner, but they are closer to £80 now.

They are as good as the Conti's in the dry, BETTER in the wet and last a lot longer.

RS2's are a bit like 888's though, but a bit more road friendly. I wouldn't bother unless you do a lot of trackdays...?

I'd stick with the Conti's. Expensive and fairly soft but very good all round performer and road manners.

Michelin Keep it in the french family:tongueout:

the Gucci of the tyre world lol....overly priced, paying mainly for the little fat man on the side of your tyre:tongueout:

although Never tried them on my clio i would imagin them to be the best as what i've seen on others!

Last edited:
So people dont rate the Toyo's on the Clio? I've ran Toyo's on all my previous cars and they were mega so I may go for them.

Has anyone got them and if so what do you think?

I've always used T1-Rs on my other cars and think they are mega but never had the chance to use em on the 197.

Go for it mate. If they come std on TVRs they gotta be good.

So people dont rate the Toyo's on the Clio? I've ran Toyo's on all my previous cars and they were mega so I may go for them.

Has anyone got them and if so what do you think?

I have two T1R's on the front of my clio mate, and i really like them, my only thing is they don't perform until you have heated them up properly. Which you probably have noticed in the past.

I was also considering the Parada Spec 2's but get shocking reviews in the wet.

I did not think you could get them in the UK (R001)?

I have the same dilemma, I am thinking about going with the Goodyear F1.

i went with the 050 i thought if they're good enough for the Focus ST they can't be that bad plus i want to get some longevity out of them as i do abot 16K miles a year, i've a full set of Yokahama Parads but i'm saving them for the summer.

Highly recommend the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. Excellent in the wet and dry, low road noise, decent price and asymmetric tread pattern. I will buy this tyre for as long as they will make it