New trophy on order

Interesting to know there's only supposed to be a limit of 500 on these but apparently Renault are thinking of pushing that up to 750.

I thought there was supposed to be no numbered limit to the amount for sale, just that the time frame was limited to 12 months for the sale of the trophy version. Tempted but I think the face lifted version will be coming about in 18 - 24 months. The Mrs has told me I'm not getting a new car for at least a couple of years so hopefully the timing will work out about right.

I thought there was supposed to be no numbered limit to the amount for sale, just that the time frame was limited to 12 months for the sale of the trophy version. Tempted but I think the face lifted version will be coming about in 18 - 24 months. The Mrs has told me I'm not getting a new car for at least a couple of years so hopefully the timing will work out about right.

Ill be surprised to see a facelifted version. Looking at the 182 and megane they release the trophy as an end specced car.

I think they're cashing in on the meg trophy after the initial bad press about the EDC but that's just my cynical thinking however that aside I'm liking the changes

When did the Mk4 come out? 2012? If so then it will be due the mid-cycle facelift sometime between now and the end of 2016

Just been into the dealership to confirm some finance details regarding my 220 trophy , and it will work out about £280 per month depending on when it turns up as my current monthly payments keep going through.Talking of delivery, the car was ordered on the 18/7 and they have JUST had confirmation of 12/10 build date(August shutdown at factory doesn"t help).The salesman said to expect a month on from there for delivery in early November-this better be worth the wait!!!.Another review of the car at the Daily Telegraph Cars section online by a ex-Performance Car writer-good review.

Ordered mine on Tuesday, the dealer thought early November but I'm thinking more like end of December before its delivered.

I hope so, I've ordered it in matte white with the seats and monitor but am more than a bit nervous about the matte paint. I keep thinking I should get liquid yellow instead. With the matte being the only unique colour to the Trophy and having owned a liquid yellow R26 I made a snap decision on the matte white. Fingers crossed I don't regret it

Ordered mine on Tuesday, the dealer thought early November but I'm thinking more like end of December before its delivered.

Unluckily as you suspect, Renault are not that good at sticking to delivery dates. Waited almost 5 months for my RS Clio EDC and finally gave up when they slipped it another couple of months (strange really, as some others were getting their cars in 3/4 months). Bought 2nd hand in the end. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones.

I'm waiting for a demo to appear, as us old folks need to check how much of the ride compliance has been chipped away by lowering / stiffening it up. If I can live with it, then I'm probably up for a swap.

Though one advantage of being old, is just got my renewal quote for the insurance through and fully comp protected NCB comes in at £157.50 .... Bargain.

Unluckily as you suspect, Renault are not that good at sticking to delivery dates. Waited almost 5 months for my RS Clio EDC and finally gave up when they slipped it another couple of months (strange really, as some others were getting their cars in 3/4 months). Bought 2nd hand in the end. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones.

I'm waiting for a demo to appear, as us old folks need to check how much of the ride compliance has been chipped away by lowering / stiffening it up. If I can live with it, then I'm probably up for a swap.

Though one advantage of being old, is just got my renewal quote for the insurance through and fully comp protected NCB comes in at £157.50 .... Bargain.

Yeah my quotes on a new Lux 200 and a 65 plate Megane 265 were crazy cheap compared to my ST. No idea if that's an error in their system or I've had to pay a couple of hundred quid extra on my ST because it's got an induction kit and Mountune springs on. Hopefully the Trophy is somewhere between the 200 and 265 premium wise.

I'm not too concerned about the ride quality too be honest as my ST was very very firm on standard springs and probably marginally firmer on the Mountune springs. The Mountune springs made a massive difference to how the car looks even though the drop is only 20mm. My only concern is the paint on the Trophy and what it'll be like with a DSG box as I've never owned a car with one before.