New to the site

dulevo666

Paid Member
Hi everyone & happy new year
my name's chris from wakefield west yorks
going to be moving house in a month or so & cannot take my currant car with me as it's too big for the parking bay's (mitzi l200) & my work's van (renault master sport) so i'm thinking about a 197
seems the perfect size to park in city center & commute to work only 3 miles per day then use the van.so joined up to get some info
seen a couple of car's for sale local, one's just gone the other still for sale so going to have a look tomorrow
don't want to spend a lot around £4500 max with upto 70k mile's
cheer's for now chris

Reactions: sevenfourate
Hi everyone & happy new year
my name's chris from wakefield west yorks
going to be moving house in a month or so & cannot take my currant car with me as it's too big for the parking bay's (mitzi l200) & my work's van (renault master sport) so i'm thinking about a 197
seems the perfect size to park in city center & commute to work only 3 miles per day then use the van.so joined up to get some info
seen a couple of car's for sale local, one's just gone the other still for sale so going to have a look tomorrow
don't want to spend a lot around £4500 max with upto 70k mile's
cheer's for now chris

Hiya Chris and welcome to the site !

Looking at one tomorrow. What a great way to spend a weekend :smile:

Crunchy gearbox.
Blowing flexi joints on manifold
Sticky brakes
Knocking front ball-joints.
And of course make sure cambelt and all that goes with it has been done on schedule (Every 5/6 years or 72k)

"""""The expensive things to look out for on these cars.

Good luck !

Welcome along! :french:

You won't regret it if you get one, they're such a blast!

Check out the buyers guide on here, it's invaluable when looking at buying.

Good luck with the search and happy new year to you too :smiley:

Last edited:
Welcome along. You've found a great place for info & banter. Good luck with your search. Get a goodun & you won't regret it. Great cars. As said check the buyers guide on here. A fiver spent on membership is the best fiver you'll ever spend. Gets you access to the classifieds & "how to" sections.

Welcome.

1. Good choice.
2. Join here as a member. It costs cock all and the resource that becomes available to you is worth quadruple the money you pay. Plus the guys who run this place are all top folks and deserve all the help they get.
3. Read the excellent buyers guide on this forum and know it inside out before you go look at a car. Keep it on your phone and refresh your memory when you arrive to look at one.
4. Walk away until you see a really good one. For the money you have, you'll see something that is good enough, soon enough. These cars are ridiculously affordable right now. And there are plenty, shop around, check everything.

Absolutely brilliant cars mate. Not scare yourself silly quick, but the fun factor is better than most things this side of a lightweight two seater.

Good post @///M

Just for reference on the above: none of the Admins or Mods here on a daily basis get a single penny for their 'efforts'. We are involved in the running of the site; not the ownership.

We do get free membership - but really do this because we enjoy it, because it's a great community and because we love our cars as much as the next man !

Plus my Orange badge matches my interior fetish :french:

Good luck today Chris.

Ha, it's like I'm a bloody sales drone!

:smiley:

Don't even know you guys but hat's off to you all. I learned a LOT very quickly because of this site and ended up with a very good car because of it.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year to you too!

All excellent advice from the guys so far, so I haven't much more to add to all that! On the practical/ownership side of things, you likely won't see great fuel economy on a 3 mile commute, however you'll love the car so much you probably won't care!

Forum-wise, this is very much a site 'run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts' and you will be made to feel very welcome, educated and entertained whether you end up buying a 197 or not!

Also, I'm reasonably local to you in Leeds so if you fancied a poke around my 197 then you're more than welcome :smile:

Good post @///M

Just for reference on the above: none of the Admins or Mods here on a daily basis get a single penny for their 'efforts'. We are involved in the running of the site; not the ownership.

We do get free membership - but really do this because we enjoy it, because it's a great community and because we love our cars as much as the next man !

Plus my Orange badge matches my interior fetish :french:

Good luck today Chris.
Also your gear knob warmer..gotta love that touch..

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thank's guy's
Went to look at the car yesterday morning & took it out for an hour's test drive
all seem's right no nasty noises ,clunk's or bang's very nice to drive
a couple of little niggles .the alloy's need refurb, the steering wheel is starting to peel ,only one key card
other than that very clean 2007/56 plate 66k with full history £3600
At the moment it's sitting in the work's carpark untill tomorrow when i can tax it
yes i bought it
ATTACH]

20170107_124433_zpsbphyzrxd.jpg

Attachments

• 20170107_124433_zpsbphyzrxd.jpg
    20170107_124433_zpsbphyzrxd.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: ///M