New to site and a month in on my first 197

hi all just signed up to this thinking it would be handy to no what issues and experiences people have had with the 197 and people on here seem to be fully of knowledge and helpful ,
I have experienced my first Clio 197 for a month now and tbf love it !! But as you do after buying it you find you're faults with it
-Sometimes setting off it it gives you kangaroo effect ?
- trying to find a replacement gear knob due to coming off around top ?
- wiring loom pins needed tweaking a bit due to back driver light not staying on until I go over a bump sorted now !
- can't find any seat covers yet to fit !
But so far so enjoyable ! And sorry to write so much to bore people haha thanks any help on places to find replacements etc I'd much be appreciate

welcome..hope you are enjoying your baby..
there are a few niggles with these...the kangaroo effect is one of them..people usually find quite helpful using a zip tie on the map sensor..or having your car mapped..
there are some knobs to be found on ebay..the rs is nice but comes with a nice price tag too..
if anything else just fire away

Welcome along! Enjoy the new car... As Pav has said try the zip tie trick or just wait for the car to warm up as these cars have their qwerks! Once warm generally shouldn't kangaroo

welcome..hope you are enjoying your baby..
there are a few niggles with these...the kangaroo effect is one of them..people usually find quite helpful using a zip tie on the map sensor..or having your car mapped..
there are some knobs to be found on ebay..the rs is nice but comes with a nice price tag too..
if anything else just fire away
Thanks for the reply mate appreciated Yeah it's great fun have to give it that no regrets buying it having bought it with a cam belt change and a new manifold with 69k on the clock atm haven't got any issues yet but as you you say with the rs hear knob is pricey but was looking for a similar replacement , yeah with zip tie I'll try it , is there any other problems I should look out for ?

Welcome along! Enjoy the new car... As Pav has said try the zip tie trick or just wait for the car to warm up as these cars have their qwerks! Once warm generally shouldn't kangaroo
Thanks for the message appreciated !! Yeah after it happened for the first time I thought I'd give it the tick over for a few mins and warm up and seems to cure it , but wIll give the cable tie a go tomorrow and see how I get on

just make sure you service her regularly and give her some..they love being revved..
ball joints are known to go on you,front calipers and pins can get seized..a regular service of your brakes should be your priority too..and the rest you will find out as you go along..

Thanks for the message appreciated !! Yeah after it happened for the first time I thought I'd give it the tick over for a few mins and warm up and seems to cure it , but wIll give the cable tie a go tomorrow and see how I get on
if you have a high temp sealant you may want to use that too around the top of the hole..just be very careful if removing it,they tent to snap on you..go for a quick spin and warm the engine up..it should pop out easily after that..

just make sure you service her regularly and give her some..they love being revved..
ball joint are known to go on you,front calipers and pins can get seized..a regular service of your brakes should be your priority too..and the rest you will find out as you go along..
Will take you're advice on them things will defiantly do that makes sense for sure but yeah sure I'll find as time goes on , is there a workshop manual I can download ?

Hi. Enjoy the car. I think you'll love it

Any mods planned for the future?

if you have a high temp sealant you may want to use that too around the top of the hole..just be very careful if removing it,they tent to snap on you..go for a quick spin and warm the engine up..it should pop out easily after that..
Yeah I have some high temp seleant somewere at home I will give it a go tomorrow and see how I get on and I'll let you no ,

Hi. Enjoy the car. I think you'll love it

Any mods planned for the future?
Alright mate thanks for the message , yeah enjoying it don't think I'll get bored soon impressed with it so far! Well my my plan is to get the little niggles done first but what is annoying me at the moment is the alloys ! I'm not a perfectionist or anything but the lacquer on the alloys is going in places but wheels aren't curbed luckily but the paint work on the car is spot on ! What mods you done or done to yours ?

Updated discs and pads all round. Brakes were shot when I bought it

Recently fitted an induction kit and scorpion exhaust and had a full remap!

Spent nearly as much on mods as I did on buying car!!

Two of my alloys are pretty poor so I'll get round to them soon no doubt!