New to Clio's Please help......

Hi, im very new to modern motoring as i have driven classic minis for the last 4 years or so, i recently bought a clio 197 and i love it but i need people with experience of them for some advice?

Id like to modify a little and would like to know what the most recommended parts are, this is what im looking at;

New exhaust? Decat/no decat?
Coil-overs?
New headunit and speakers?
Remap?
Front Strut Brace?

I have read and seen the options available for these, E.g milltek,akrapovic ,spax and kw but i have no clue which is best? and anyone who knows a good place for a remap in the Hampshire surrey area would be much appreciated?

Thanks Will!

The front strut tops are so close to the bulkhead a brace won't do much, akrapovic exhausts are a ridiculous price but are said to be about the best although I went for the oreca system, sports cat and a toyosport manifold.

It's up to you with coilovers, they're not cheap, I've got h&r lowering springs.

After the new exhaust the remap made a fairly big difference, I used rstuning (leeds).

With induction kits from what I've read ithe enclosed systems are more efficient than the cones. the clio v6 airbox is the favourite, the cup racers used them but the battery will need moving, I used an itg panel filter which fits into the original airbox.
When/Has your cambelt been done.

Thanks! i have read that the front strut braces are more for aesthetics, maybe if i get a bonus soon i may buy one for looks :thumbup1: i have read that most of the exhaust kits are good value, just wondering are akrapovic worth the extra expense........ Probably not in my case so maybe the oreca is a good bet, especially as most are stainless steel nowadays cant go wrong really. Rstuning seems to be the best thats what ive read most about, long drive fro me maybe ill take the girlfriend on a weekend trip one day haha. ill have to get back to you on the cam-belt i believe its been done but will double check, the cars done 54000 so id hope it has.... thanks for the quick reply! :thumbup:

If you do get a strut brace you'll struggle to see it. Remember that the oreca exhaust only has one exit. That is one of the reasons why I chose it because to me 2 is pointless and I don't like the tips that most of the exhausts come with. Apparently the standard manifold is about as good any as the aftermarket ones but has a pre cat in it though with the main cat still in place you should still pass an mot. If you're original manifold needs replacing most fit toyosport manifolds as they are a way of removing the pre cat, they're cheaper than the original and they're stainless.
All 197s should have had the cam belt done by now due to their age regardless of mileage.