New system for the 197

Hello all.

Here at Piper HQ we will shortly be starting development on the 197 system.

What would you like to see from the system?

OE looking tips?
sound? quiet/loud?
cat/decat?

How well priced do you think Milltek and K-Tec are?

Please let me know your thoughts and interest.

We will have systems ready for order shortly.

Regards
Tom Edmunds
Piper

how about tip options for the exhaust - bascially the ends can be changed easily

as for price think you need to under cut them massively :thumbup:

welcome to the site tom.

how about some tip sleeves that are similar to the 200.?
they could slot into the holes on the standard 197 diffuser.?

a fancy an exhaust with a rasp like a porsche.

as for price. the miltek is the cheapest, think you would need to be around £300 mark.

if it was an optional sleeve then they could be standard/slash tips. they would be inside the sleeve if that was opted for.
i think this is probably what the 200 is like.?

now tom. what do i/we get for letting you advertise/milk ideas on the site.

if it was an optional sleeve then they could be standard/slash tips. they would be inside the sleeve if that was opted for.
i think this is probably what the 200 is like.?

now tom. what do i/we get for letting you advertise/milk ideas on the site.

DISCOUNT FOR EVERYONE, well done fella lol

I actually think the std tips with their chamfered edge are a cracking pieve of work.

Personally though I'd bring them out a little from the diffuser. Probably only by 10mm or so, but just enough to make them more visible whilst retaining the subtlety.

As for sound, I think a hollow bark (think flat 6 996) rising to a real raspy edged note.

i wonder whos car is at piper??? :tongueout:

ben they r looking at doing the full system, thats the exhaust manifold, sport cat/decat and cat back!

Tom, nice meeting u yesterday ( friday) like others have said, perforamce is first off and for me personally, 95bd would be about as loud as i'll go, just so id know i'd pass the sound test at track days :smile:, and maybe changelable exhausts tips??

btw it took me and my mate over 4hours to get home on friday :lol:

Hi all.

From what i can see the 200 has a almost straight cut rolled in tailpipe, im sure we can get close to this.

The 197 and the R27 seem to have the same slash-cut pipe, im sure we can produce something OE looking.

We may offer some other options aswell.

I will keep everyone updated with pics etc

Tom

200 tips...you can just see how the exhaust is separate to the tips/sleeves.
FCS2009663.jpg
FCS2009665.jpg

i wound like, performance, raspy sound when when on full chat, and similar tail pipes as the miltek but slash if you know what i mean.

Thank you for the pics jase,

I see the 'trim' is in the diffuser a bit like the civic type R FN2 we done recently. Looks like il have to get the clio 200 in soon to make a system for that aswell then!

We are looking at making the tips removable/interchangeable.

Keep the comments coming.

Tom

Thank you for the pics jase,

I see the 'trim' is in the diffuser a bit like the civic type R FN2 we done recently. Looks like il have to get the clio 200 in soon to make a system for that aswell then!

We are looking at making the tips removable/interchangeable.

Keep the comments coming.

Tom

I could be wrong, but i belive the system for the 200 is the same as the 197/R27, just with differant tip to accmodate the diffuser

yeh it is basically the same system. the tips are more part of the diffuser than the exhaust if you look at the parts catalogue etc.

an actual performance exhaust would be good, rather than just another loud thing with no benefits or testing. most systems lose alot of back pressure and result in an increase in the already present flat spot.

yeh it is basically the same system. the tips are more part of the diffuser than the exhaust if you look at the parts catalogue etc.

an actual performance exhaust would be good, rather than just another loud thing with no benefits or testing. most systems lose alot of back pressure and result in an increase in the already present flat spot.

i was looking at the scorpion system with this in mind as it uses 2" bore pipe compared with most systems using 2.5" bore pipe, has anyone seen anything of this scorpion system, soory for going off subject.