New RS200 Driver

Hey guys,

Got my rs200 cup about a month ago now, and its awesome, still get excited about driving it each morning!

From the Aberdeenshire area, work in BOD, live in Westhill.

Would be a perfect car but the braking's a bit shoddy, had better stopping power in my old 09 1.2 clio!
Thinking there might be a seized pad or something but whatever it's no better after giving it to kwikfit to have a look at, bled it twice, no change and they said they couldn't diagnose the problem, go figure.

Now the brake pedal is making squishy noised, not ideal!!

It would be awesome if i could get the brakes working good, dont want to go crazy without having decent brakes!

Anyways, good to have a forum to discuss such issues.

picture.php

Last edited:
hello n welcome.

Not best pleased with my brakes either....hoping a good strip,clean n new pads this week will do the job,stops enough to activate abs...but still expected better of brembos.

Nice picture ,like the colour.

Last edited:
Thanks mate,

Yeah i thought it was just a different style of brake pedal or setup for the renaultsport range, so never questioned it when i bought it, but its clearly a huge problem!!

Welcome mate, sorry to here about the brakes, some body on here will probably be able to help.

Nice looking motor anyway hope you enjoy.

Welcome along mate :smile: start a thread in the suspension/breaks section and I'm sure the more experienced members will help. Iv never had any issues myself as mine stops on a dime so I'm sure you do actually have an issue. Also as above get some heat in to them and you deff tell the difference :wink:

Strip and clean the brakes, you'll notice a world of difference! There's a how to in the relevant section for paid members - worth it just for that!

And welcome!

Hi welcome to the forum.

Your brakes should be awesome...so as Goose said, sounds like a strip down is needed.

You'll find the answer on here tho :smile:

I would like to say i managed to fix my braking problem!

Now they are absolutely amazing.

The problem was that both inside front pads had seized on the callipers at the top and bottom of the pad, about 2 hours of trying to get them out i finally managed.

Cleaned the callipers up, made sure to apply copper slip to that problem area and put new brembo pads in. Many thanks to the guys who do the posts in the how to thread, made changing the pads a doddle.