New owner in SW London

Hola!

Have been registered on here a little while but thought I'd say hi, having now had my 200 for a couple of weeks.

I bought Kevlar's Glacier White 200 off him early this month. It seems like a lovely example - well specced with the Cup chassis, Speedlines, Recaros, sat nav, Bluetooth, USB etc, and has been very well looked after. I usually go for totally standard cars, but this one's Pipercross panel filter got great write-ups, so I think I'll keep it in :smile:

First impressions? Having come from a 350Z 313GT and prior to that a DC2 Integra, the Clio is taking some adjustment. I've not really thrown it down the sort of B-road it should relish yet, but there are some encouraging early signs:

- the suspension seems spot-on. RenaultSport's reputation for sublime damping seems to be well-deserved from exposure so far
- the steering is excellent, though it can get a little distracted by cambers occasionally
- the engine's mid- to top end is great fun
- Recaros are superb
- I fit, with actual headroom (6'4" with a high-rise forehead) :smile:
- I'm averaging considerably more than 20mpg, which is refreshing after the Zed :wink:

There are also some annoyances...

- throttle response is a little softer than I'd like. Heel-and-toeing can take a substantial prod!
- why oh why does the clutch pedal microswitch for the stop-start function have to be so ****ing loud? Highly distracting...
- driving position is too high
- then the expected things like plastics quality, fiddly main audio controls etc

Essentially though I'm looking forward to my getting-to-know-you period and learning to enjoy my first RS product. I've also been quite surprised by the relative rarity of the 197/200 - I've obviously been more eyes-open to others on the road since buying mine, but have seen none. Me likey :smile: Plans, other than trips onto a lot of Kent and Surrey B-roads, include a Scottish tour next Spring, and potentially some road rallying this winter.

Thanks must go to Kevlar for selling me his excellent example - what a nice chap - and to this whole forum for enabling a lot of pre- and post-purchase research. Seems like a great community with a lot of expertise on offer.

Look forward to contributing and gaining more in the future.

Cheers,

Andy

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D New Members 0
S Clio 200 Area 2
S New Members 6
A New Members 5
Dru New Members 8