New member.

Hello, New member here. I've just moved to Portugal and are in the process of buying a Clio 200. There are only a handful of these cars here, so I am desperately needing help sourcing a good one. I prefer one with the “cup” option, but there seems to be a lot of disinformation coming from the sellers. I guess running the VIN on the Renault site should show the “cup” option if so equipped?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Steven

Reactions: Sean197
Welcome. Are you aware of the differences between a real Cup and the ones with a Cup chassis?

True, a 200 cup and a 200 with cup pack isn't the same.
A 200 Cup will have a physical key to open the car that you can put in the ignition, this is the easiest way of telling. The interior will be relatively poverty spec in comparison - the dash will have a visible airbag cutout in the passenger side, manual mirrors, etc
A 200 with a Cup Pack will be harder to confirm. Usually red caliper's will denote a Cup packed car, but the best way of checking is to download the Renault app and enter the VIN, this will give you a full list of factory spec options.

I was not able to successfully find the Renault site where I could search by VIN and have the options for the car displayed...

In the UK there is a phone app called My Renault. If you put in the car registration it will tell you what the car spec was when it left the factory. I am not sure if the app works in a similar way in different countries.

A fairly quick way to see if it is a Cup or cup packed is to look at the external door strips. If they are plain black plastic the car is usually a Cup. If they are colour coded and the same colour as the paint work then it will usually be a full fat that could be cup packed. But, if you go and look at the car see if it has a physical key that you have to put in the ignition barrel and twist - that is definitely a Cup.

Cars are insanely expensive here in Portugal- I should have shipped my 991.2 GT3 here when I moved from the states last year for a 1 time exemption from IMT

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1
RhysThomass New Members 0