Been on here a couple weeks now so thought I'd better say hello. I got myself a 2010 rb 200 on a 60 reg a few months back and have had no end of bad luck with her so far.
Within the 1st week I had a lovely person reverse into the back of me whilst parked and had to have both bumpers replaced and resprayed ,they had the car for 4 weeks trying to get a colour match! The next of wind bad luck was the dreaded gearbox diff whine that not even the radio could drown out :@ along with that come a loud knocking noise from the passenger front which seems to be worse when hitting small potholes.. I took her Down to Renault and they replaced the box under warranty :smile: finally some good news for once.. Renault also said that there was 2 knocking noise's, one from the back which was narrowed down to the rear seat mechanisms and one from the front which they couldn't diagnose but were working on it..4 weeks, One strut, two springs and a lower arm later Renault assured me they had cured it. Lovely! So I find myself now 2 weeks down line with knocking from the front still there worse than ever and that little wurring noise from the box again!!!... I can see a 225 conversion coming my way once the warranty's up!:tongue_smilie: Will hopefully be a lot more reliable. Other than that I love it!
rs200sam

Firstly, welcome!!! :smiley:

Secondly, sounds like you've had a bad run of luck there. :worried:

Can't say I've heard of other cars suffering from noisey diffs although there have been a fair few problems with synchro's in the gearboxes. There was somebody else very recently who had a knocking from the front end on a car around the same age as yours. I can't remember who it was now but if the thread pops up again then I'll stick the link in here for you.

:welcome: to the site.

I feel for you, having to deal with renault for all those problems i really do. :nope:

some pics of my RB.

Attachments

• iphone 5 020.jpg
    iphone 5 020.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 21
  • iphone 5 035.jpg
    iphone 5 035.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
  • iphone 5 033.jpg
    iphone 5 033.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 25
  • iphone 5 075.jpg