Been on here a few weeks and havent really introduced myself so as ive got my project thread up and running now i thought it was about time i introduced myself and my car history.
I always join the owners clubs and attend meets so ill get myself along to some in the clio soon.

Project thread here:
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?p=255990#post255990

Im 21, (22 next week) my names nathan and im from Ebbw Vale in south wales. Im an apprentice electrical engineer for Tata Steel in newport. Hobbies .. football and motocross .. oh and cars of course !

Car history:

Started off with a 106 quicksilver to get my years no claims up then moved onto a zetec s which over the 2 years of ownership i modded quite a bit. Ended up being the first person to cam and remap the mk6 as no-one would try it due to being unable to fully remap the mk6 ecu but AmD in essex sorted that for me.
Upload1.jpg
Upload3.jpg

Fancied a bit more power so i sold up and bought a car id always fancied ... Corsa VXR .
Done a bit to this such as full system, lowered it etc but never got round to getting it to stage 3 as i only owned it for 8months.
032-2.jpg
026-1.jpg

After doing a track day in the vxr i fancied something that i could thrash around and not worrying if i had an off. Sticking to what i know i bought a mk5 zetec s and got it track prepped. Few pics from ford fair at SilverStone last year.
DSC_0123.jpg
077-1.jpg

Ended up selling the vxr due to getting a new job and needing a diesel. Decided to go for a ibiza cupra ... Worste decision ever i absolutely hated this car from day one so i sold it after 2 and a half months.
019-3.jpg

The cupra put me off diesel's and i missed petrol N/A so much i decided to go for the 197. Although its a bit thirsty i absolutely love it. Im not just saying it but its the best car ive owned by far and handling wise for a standard car it blew me away. It took a while getting used to the n/a and having to give it some to get anywhere but taking it up to the redline just short of 8k gives me a huge smile everytime i do it !
def7ac92.jpg

My new job is an apprentice electrical engineer so money isn't great and after having a long think i decided i had to sell the track car as i wouldnt be able to afford the track days for another 18 months.
I decided to get back into one of my favourite hobbies ... Motocross. Bought this 05 model rm125 back in december and now im looking to do my bike license by the end of the year. (Anyone else into motocross on here?)
003-19.jpg

Soo theres a bit about me and my car history. Got alot planned for the 197 but as is the same with everyone we can only mod when our wallets let us so i will update my thread as and when. Ive got a thing for selling my cars pretty quickly but im in love with the clio and don't intend getting rid for a good while and im planning a few track days next year.

Sorry if your bored now haha but thanks for reading (if you did :tongueout:)

That's a nice line up you had there! Shame you had get rid of the mk5 zs it's a beast. 197 looks mega i want my wheels black like yours. Oh n ultra red best colour mate :wink:

welcome mate :smile: , enjoy the screws previous cars look ace , i put a deposit down on a corsa vxr and got it inspected and it was f**ked! , so got my LY R27 , must be like the youngest driver driving a r27 tho :tongueout:

I'll join in by saying nice motors. 197 is the best though, looks great.

Thanks for the comments :smiley:

Yeah the clio will definately be staying for a while, absolutely love it. Got so much planned but bit skint atm lol. Tax this week, just bought cup spoiler and payed for it to be sprayed and new front disks need ordering so my wallet has taken a kicking haha

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R New Members 4
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7
OutlawAsh New Members 1