New Member - Do i get a clio 197?

197 service schedule:

The following is an extract from the service book, might be useful;

Oil & filter - 12k miles / 12m
Spark plugs - 36k miles (no time criteria)
Air filter - 24k miles / 24m
Cabin filter - 12k miles / 12m
Aux drive belt - 72k miles / 60m
Timing belt & pulleys - 72k miles / 60m
Fuel filter - 144k miles (no time criteria)
Brake fluid - 72k miles / 48m
Coolant - 72k miles / 48m

Don't forget, each of the above is whichever comes first, and from then on continuing which ever comes first.

Service every 12K/12Months, whichever is sooner.

Cambelt is due at 72K/60Months, again whichever is sooner.

Do not overlook servicing, it's not too expensive to have done and with the nature of the engine it does need doing on time.

The steering wheels have a habit of ''melting'', where the material starts to look a bit wrinkly, it's really common and nothing to worry about. Also, the B-Pillar seals (next to the window as you open the door) split over time, but they're a cheap and easy fix (£12ish from Renualt). Apart from that I can't think of anything else, just that the optional Recaro front seats seem to wear quite quickly... Not a problem though if you get a car without them. :smile:

*EDIT* Damn you and you're speed N0ddie!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
Yeah they'll want doing 2012, see if you could use that to get the price down!!! :wink: Mine ('07 197) has just ticked over 36K and the belts will be getting done next May. It's not a risk worth taking with a high performance car, I know I'd rather pay £500ish for a cambelt change then gamble and have to pay £2000ish for a new engine!!! :smiley:

going to view and test drive the clio 197 tomorrow:smile:.Both 07 plates, 1 is nimbus grey, the other is racing blue and both on 34,000 miles. im going to try and bargain with them and ask them to get the belts done for the asking price:smile:

ok thanks m8. after ive viewed the clio 197 today i was supposed to go and view a 57 plate fiesta st in white with 36k miles? i know the clio is in a different league but what do people think of these?

hi all, just got back from test driving the clio 197. Was a really nice drive, very sharp, plenty of torque in every gear.

The 4 wheels desperatly needed refurbing!
couple of stone chips and that was it really.

They said they would change the belts at cost price....... £550! surely it would cost that for anyone?