New Member 197

Hi

I bought my 197 last November after the Grande Punto I had before it died. I think its pretty standard apart from cornering lights and the 6CD changer in the dash. I have put an iPod connection in and thats about it. Its an 06 model but is in excellent condition.

Have clayed, polished and waxed it today so got a few pics afterwards:

05062010402.jpg
05062010401.jpg
05062010400.jpg
05062010394.jpg
05062010393.gif
05062010399.jpg
05062010398.jpg
05062010397.jpg
05062010396.jpg
05062010395.jpg

The car is going on holiday to Portugal later this year which should be fun!

No plans for this one, I like it the way it is! Maybe a wheel re-furb if funds allow but thats about it. Something to get the consumption up would be nice though!

The stuff I used was all Maguiars stuff, clay, polish and then the caranuba wax. I think that its abit past it though as it looked like the ingredients were coming apart, even after plenty of shaking the wax had a green liquid come out with it which im guessing is one of the ingredients.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Welcome to the site dude :welcome:

Car looks stunning, I'm taking my beastie away tonight to SW France, then Nurburgring in 2 weeks time, then Scotland in 3 weeks time :smile::smile::smile: I love driving it abroad :wink:

Where you from then?

Welcome to the site dude :welcome:

Car looks stunning, I'm taking my beastie away tonight to SW France, then Nurburgring in 2 weeks time, then Scotland in 3 weeks time :smile::smile::smile: I love driving it abroad :wink:

Where you from then?

I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

It will be going upto Fort William at the end of this month, will be riding the downhill course there, and cant wait to go through Glen Coe in it! Then Portugal via France and Spain and the Pyreneese(sp). Will of course be getting a pic of it up a mountain!

I do like driving abroad, nice smooth roads and a spot of drag racing from the tolls!

I live in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

It will be going upto Fort William at the end of this month, will be riding the downhill course there, and cant wait to go through Glen Coe in it! Then Portugal via France and Spain and the Pyreneese(sp). Will of course be getting a pic of it up a mountain!

I do like driving abroad, nice smooth roads and a spot of drag racing from the tolls!

Oh dear...Fort William is where I am going too at the end of this month, well the beginning of next month actually lol...

If you like Glencoe, then check out a couple of pics in this:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2406

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

We go there every year for the mountain biking, not done it in the clio yet but I'm sure it will be fun. Dont want one of the local police Hayabusas after me though!

They are some awesome pictures, dont think I will be able to match them. I will have to have a roof box on as I dont think I will be able to get both bikes and all the gear in the car:angry:

Nice car mate, I like this colour second to the Red of my Clio. I do a bit of mountain biking too, not extreme stuff though! Fort William is a downhill track isn't it? I only potter about on my GT I-Drive 5! I use my 406 estate for my bike, never even tried putting it in the 197! I don't usually go that far from home though!

Nice car mate, I like this colour second to the Red of my Clio. I do a bit of mountain biking too, not extreme stuff though! Fort William is a downhill track isn't it? I only potter about on my GT I-Drive 5! I use my 406 estate for my bike, never even tried putting it in the 197! I don't usually go that far from home though!

It is a downhill track yes. Bikes do fit quite well in the back of them, take the bottom bench out completley and you can get the handelbars/forks down the back of the driver/passenger seats. Ive had two downhill bikes in before, its snug though! Also have a roof rack for my other bike. Tend not to ride much at home as roads dont really interest me, I like it up and down the hills!