New Maxogen courtesy of Smoggy Mark/Fred @ BTM

Well I've been stuck out of country for what seems like a lifetime and whilst I was away I thought I'd treat myself to one of Smoggy Mark's custom ITG Maxogen kits. So it's been sat at my parent's house for a month or two taunting me from afar. But thankfully I've managed to take a break and after getting very pissed off trying to fit it neatly I finally gave up and yesterday took it to Fred @ BTM to work his magic on it!

Have to say I'm in love with the sound! Haven't noticed any flat spots and that's even with the car not being mapped after having her Akra' Evo' fitted previously, she's an absolute dream to drive.

Fred was kind enough to strip the crap out the engine didn't need to free up extra space and instead of using the plastic battery tray as a base for the battery housing, he fabricated me a steel one there and then. It'll go a bit rusty until I can get it powder coated when I get back next month but it won't be a major drama. I'll get the battery housing coated at the same time too.

Many thanks to Smoggy Mark too, it sounds epic with your kit! :smile:

unuhy3ev.jpg

yhegequj.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381514231457.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381514231457.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Cheers foxspeed, Fred's had an idea to move it as it doesn't get huge amounts of cold air there, so come December we're going to try something different hopefully involving where he thinks there's negative pressure. Fingers crossed I can get it booked in soon to try something a bit different! :smile:

Just fitted mine tonight :smile: and sounds amazing especially around 5500-6500 rpm :smile: mines down the back of the battery, nice cold feed over the gearbox apparently, very neat setup you have there tho :smile:

I think that might be where Fred was going to look at fitting it but I could be wrong because I seem to remember he was thinking of moving the clutch cable and pointing the trumpet downwards in that space. I haven't got the patience and skills you guys have, I'm so clumsy I nearly took to beating the engine with my spanner in anger!

Cant wait to get mine on. Were will you be relocating it to. Is it colder down the back of the battery than on top.
Marks a top fella

I think it will be behind the battery, trumpet pointing down to the ground because Fred said there was good negative air pressure down there and thats where he had it on his. Yeah Mark definitely is, looked after me sorting that kit out for me :smile:

image.jpg
Hard to see (it's on the end of the yellow pipe lmao) but that's mine :smile: I didn't find it that hard to get in worst bit was getting the battery clamp back in haha and the hose has to be cut to avoid the abs unit, it's sitting in the hoop made by the clutch pipe :smile:

That yellow hose looks great! Yup that's pretty much spot-on where Fred said too, not going to attempt it myself 'cos I definitely haven't got the patience, I'm impressed you managed to fit it with the standard battery too!

Once the old air box is out its easy could fit a bus down the back haha i need something to fill the space to the right of it haha

would take ale only a couple of minutes to move I'm sure especially with your smaller battery, need to trim about 20mm off the filter end of the hose and about 40mm of the throttle end

Good to see your back at last and back in your 200 Rach must of been a nightmare been away that long!
Like the red pipe looks great looks like Fred has done a good job for you:thumbup:A few lads have done what fred and Craig have done with the Maxogen and run it at the back of the battery"Glen and Jack"and have had fair results on the rollers at RS tuning.

Thought you would like that bit more grunt hahaha!:thumbup1:

Cant wait to get mine on. Were will you be relocating it to. Is it colder down the back of the battery than on top.
Marks a top fella
Come on James time you had it on!!:wink:

View attachment 7490
Hard to see (it's on the end of the yellow pipe lmao) but that's mine :smile: I didn't find it that hard to get in worst bit was getting the battery clamp back in haha and the hose has to be cut to avoid the abs unit, it's sitting in the hoop made by the clutch pipe :smile:

Looks good the yellow pipe.

was fun making that plate, its T45 motorsport steel by the way, so will outlast the car haha!

must look into getting them laser cut

Mark I spent my whole time away dreaming of driving the little go-kart again! It was driving me insane knowing that all your parts were just sat there taunting me long distance. Thanks again mate for sorting it all out for me! :smile: