New Headunit

G/f just sent me a photo of my parcel waiting at home!

Once i have fitted it will post up a photo of it :thumbup1:

Then will be on to learning how to amp some components :oops:

What have you gone for?

When I finally get round to fiting my system I will put some pics up. They should aid you in amping your components!

Are you fitting it to a 197 or 200?

Its an alpine 112RI

CDE112Ri_01.jpg

Havnt put a photo up yet as i managed to forget about fascia adapter, will sort it over the weekend, but just had to get a new tyre fitted aswell!

Its a RB 197 that i will be fitting them to, looking at rainbow components

Can't go wrong with an alpine imo. Not heard the rainbows but they are meant to be good. Im tempted with fitting my amp under the passenger seat as there is quite a bit of room, and it frees some space in the boot, but not 100% sure yet! Im also looking at modding the door cards so the mids mount on mdf attached to the door. The standard mounts through the door card which im not a big fan of!

The facia adapters are quite cheap off ebay. The megane one will do the trick!

is it a lot better than the standard hu ?? I have replaced a HU only once in a clio I had several years ago, the difference was huge, and I didnt even change the speakers... thinking about one of those alpines as they pretty much cost the same as fitting a bluetooth alone...

You will notice a big difference, as factory units are nowhere near the quality of a decent aftermarket unit.

The headunit is the weak link on the clio, I don't find the standard speakers too bad with a decent headunit. And that's after coming from my last car with a couple of grands worth of stereo in it.

Headunit should definitely be the first step.

Yes, as long as the head unit supports it (which it should) just need the box of tricks and the right patch lead (in your case the alpine one) I'll try and put you a link up when I'm on my pc later.

Looks good. Im going for the cde-113bt, also interested to know about the steering wheel stock adapter, does it come with the unit or do you need to get this seperately? Also is the power pack they recommend on the site any use?

Just bear in mind that the headunit you've mentioned has a front USB port. If you listen to your iPod a lot then you will have a wire popping out your dash. If this isn't a problem then go for it.

The steering wheel adaptor is separate and can be got from eBay. When headunits state 'steering control ready' it just means that they are compatible with the adaptor.

I personally would bother with the power pack at over £100. A much better amp can be had for a little more if you want to power aftermarket speakers. You will be surprised at the improvement in just fitting this unit to the normal factory speakers and will be more than ample for many people.

Again cheers for the info. I dont have an ipod and use the aux in connection at the bottom of the console. I'll get to ordering it up.

No probs.... you do realise that you cant use the aux connection at the bottom of the console if you change headunits....

Cant go wrong with alpine anyways :smile:

No probs.... you do realise that you cant use the aux connection at the bottom of the console if you change headunits....

Cant go wrong with alpine anyways :smile:

Don't understand? Surely the connection for the aux is wired to the original headunit with the connector block, so if you then connect via a patch lead, so as to keep the stg wheel controls, this should feed the aux into the headunit?

No, the iso lead does not contain an aux in. I would think the aux is connected to the back of the factory unit with a special connection. The aux in on the aftermarket unit will be by USB or jack plug depending on stereo.

if the hu has got cd-changer connector or any additional line in in the back than it should be possible to wire the original aux-in into the back of the new HU and it should work,

I have the same horrible gap after fitting mine.....what did you use to sort this??

Megain II facia plate, but youll have to take the cage out again as the cage goes on top of the facia plate

It's all about a new HU, the Renault ff one is pants, i got an alpine HU recently & some infinity kappa comps, put the old speakers in the back, it sounds absolutely amazing

Similar Thread Suggestions