New FCS mag

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
As you may know the PFC mag is ending with the issue out now but fcs are doing one...

Mark DowMarch 25, 2010 at 6:13am
Subject: New magazine being launched by FCS
Magazine News - We are currently looking at the best way to distribute the magazine and had an idea as follows;

£10 annual subscription gives you

5-6 A4 mags a year plus one back issue
access to forum with special offers
graphics

The mag won't be aimed at WH Smith and Tesco newstand browsers but the club/forum communities FCS serves already. We are providing a greater access to the clubs to promote and cover their events, meets etc. We are also featuring 3-4 clubs in each issue.

We don't intend to do 7 page features on one car when we can get at least 2 cars covered in that many pages. We are featuring yours cars and not showing preference to zillion pound projects.

I predict a surge in the copies and availability.

£6.00 of the £10 is devoted to posting the mag which costs £1 a time as its A4.

What do you think?

Mark

I think it is a good idea, and I am sure that it will get more readers than the old PFC magazine.

I always used to joke that if I bought a copy, i'd be their 11th reader, I never thought it was actually that bad they had to finish it.

Sounds like this new lot have got their heads screwed on.

Good idea!

ill sign up for that

any news on the 197.net stickers jase (sorry to change the subject of thread)

With great pleasure I can advise there will only be a two month gap before we re-launch the a dedicated printed full glossy magazine for the French market. For legal reasons the title will be withheld for the next 7-10 days.
We already have the support from leading traders, manufacturers, plus car clubs and with our established contacts and partnerships, the magazine will enjoy a *much stronger base in the market it serves.
We have the same design team as PFC with new editorial staff from the world of motorsport, clubs and trade.
Advertising space is already limited as adverts already confirmed with RS Tuning, Ecosse, GSF, Adrian Flux, Ricky-P, Renault Parts Direct and more.
Front cover will feature Dave Lees fully loaded Megane 250, 5 minutes with….,* news, rolling road shootouts, Renaultsport National Day, x4 club profiles; 206info, Saxperience, Meganesport, ISTS French Cars and show report as well as a FCS show preview and much more.
As we run French Car Show our background is 100% club focused and the magazine will be aimed at this area and not shoppers in WH Smiths or Tesco etc,* most clubs don’t produce magazines so we want you to engage with this opportunity.
The magazine will have no cost, the only thing payable will be to cover P&P.* We propose £10 a year as each copy costs just under £1 to post which will give access to the website and a graphics pack.
We want to feature rolling roads, members cars, meets and events.* We have a spec sheet for features and how to get your articles and images in the magazine.
We aim to have 3-4 club profiles each issue. Clubs can advertise on the directory page for £30.
Best regards
Mark Dow

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nick FCS 19
///M FCS 24
trackspec197 General Chat 0
Nick FCS 43
cliokam Gallery 23