New cup spoiler

Hi guys, Just thought i would post up some pics of my new spoiler. Picked it up today from the bodyshop all sprayed and ready to fit, hopefully fit on thursday if the weathers ok :thumbup1:

The carbon lookalike ends i had sprayed white to match the spoiler and i payed abit extra to have the real carbon ends. I doubt il ever change the ends over but atleast i have the option lol.

Attachments

• 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Should look decent mate I prefer the carbon end plates tho!

Also most nerve racking thing ever drilling into the roof best to put some masking tape around the area where the holes will be protects the paintwork much better.

Should look decent mate I prefer the carbon end plates tho!

Also most nerve racking thing ever drilling into the roof best to put some masking tape around the area where the holes will be protects the paintwork much better.

The carbon ones are what im going to use, just those others came with it so i thought i would just have them sprayed GW like the spoiler just in case. There are drilling guides which you stick to your car roof to avoid damage to the paintwork and to start the drill off. My next door neighbour is giving me a hand to fit it, hes quite experienced with cars (builds westfields etc).

Will post pics up once fitted :thumbup1:

ye those little black plastic strips they are decent but the sticky backing isnt the best! and they can move very easily i ended up using some better strength sticky back tape to keep them in place.

i put masking tape down, placed drilling guides then removed the spoiler followed by drilling starting small and working up and luckily mine's perfect lol

ye those little black plastic strips they are decent but the sticky backing isnt the best! and they can move very easily i ended up using some better strength sticky back tape to keep them in place.

i put masking tape down, placed drilling guides then removed the spoiler followed by drilling starting small and working up and luckily mine's perfect lol

Ok cheers for that will put some masking tape down first.

The screws which hold the end plates on are silver which will look abit naff with carbon ends imo. May have to get some black ones or paint the heads so they don't show up. Have you left yours silver?

Just fitted my spoiler was really easy tbh and pleased with how its looks too :smile:

Here's a few pics, what do you guys think?

Shaun.

Attachments

• 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
looks really good mate! i really like that style but i wouldn't dare drill into my car to fit one!

looks really good mate! i really like that style but i wouldn't dare drill into my car to fit one!

I like the style to mate. Its really easy to fit its just the thought of drilling into the tailgate lol but you cant go wrong really with the templates provided.