New Clio 197 Owner - Lichfield

**UPDATE**

Renault had it in, plugged it into their machine and it was coming back no errors, checked that battery which came back faulty so they changed the battery and it worked perfect. Went and picked it up yesterday lunch time and drove it back to home and made my way back to work - got home at around 8PM to go out so jumped in the car...wouldn't start, same problem!

RAC came out and it started first time for him -.- typical! Went to get in it today, and wouldn't start...needless to say I phoned up Renault and gave them a bit of my mind and they have had it back in.

:worried:

Finally sorted!

TDC Sensor has gone, they've replaced that for me and while its in they've also replaced my Thermostat Housing (Coolant Leak), Sump Gasket (Oil Leak), Hub Carrier (Play in ball joint) and put me 2 new tyres on.

Hopefully thats everything sorted now and I can get back to enjoying my 197 - should be ready to pick up Tuesday after 2 weeks of it being in a garage!

Picked it up yesterday...and its already back at Renault! Still had a leak, so took it back as they were supposed to of sorted everything!

They gave me a call at lunchtime saying it was the gearbox and they'd keep me updated and thought that a seal may of gone.

Got a phone call at about 5PM today and my pressure plate has destroyed itself, 2 of the springs have come off and span around the bell housing taking out the Slave Cylinder, Seals, TDC Sensor (again!), damaged the fly wheel and scored the inside of the housing.

No idea when or how its happened (presumably within the last 24 hours) however if I hadn't noticed the leak I wouldn't have known - no crunching, whining, knocking or noise of any kind from the box - clutch was fine and no difficulty selecting any gear from 1st all the way to 6th and reverse.

So it will spend the next few days in the garage being fixed!!

All in all I have had the car 4 and a half weeks - I was on holiday the first week, drove it for a week and its spent the last 2 and a half weeks at Renault!

Hopefully that is it and I can enjoy it and look forward to driving it for a while...only thing I am not looking forward to is the bill...all in all over the last 2 weeks the car has cost me £3k! :worried:

That's rubbish. It's not often you hear of things like this. You're rather unlucky man.

Did you buy it from Renault?

Nah was a private seller unfortunately, but when I got the car there was no leaks or anything - just seems a case of bad luck and bad timing unfortunately...these things happen and I haven't lost any love for the car - just want it back now!

Bloody hell mate, that's unfortunate. Renault ownership eh! Is it worth ringing Renault UK to see if they'll help you out? It should have been spotted at the garage surely?

I know aye, a bit crap but as said these things happen - they said there was no leak and the car was 'bone dry' when it left their workshop last night (about 5:30PM) and had been on a road test to ensure it was working - all I did was drive it home (6 miles) and it sat on my drive till this morning...but its my word vs theirs :worried:

Its way out of warranty unfortunately (57 plate and as it s was a private seller i doubt i have a leg to stand on?)

Jesus sorry to here all about issues mate, glad to here you have'nt lost your love for the motor, sounds like you've not had any luck, well here's hoping it all improves from now on. Still very nice looking motor.

renault uk are mostly willing to contribute towards large bills especially freaky faults like this, worrth a call.

Similar Thread Suggestions