New car vs my R27

So I've owned my Clio for a year and a half now, I can honestly say it's my favourite car ever, there just no ambiguity with her at all. However, I was also struck with the need for more power, an itch I just could not scratch, I didn't want to turbo charge the clio as it's an R27 and I believe the value is in keeping the car standard and well maintained.

So this itch recently became insatiable and I was given a nice bonus at work.

Enter the new car... an e93 m3 with only 33k on the clock at a steal for £18,250. Picked it up today and had a solid day driving about and getting a feel for it.

I can honestly say that I prefer the clio in every way and the sentimental attachment I have with this car is ruining my experience with any other car. I really should sell the clio, but I just can't bring myself to do it, therefore I think storage is my only option as I have no space for two cars. I guess I'll just try and enjoy the m3 for summer, hope nothing goes wrong and then look to sell.

Damn this clio game is like crack...

Anyone else have a similar experience?d1db90ec0c5a9a334440f3f746848bc0.jpg69e573bf2423e6eba3cf39eb8ee0c108.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"M" looks lovely :smile:

Im kinda intrigued to read; but not entirely surprised the Clio still wins on feelings, involvement and sensations.

Although where that leaves any of us in terms of upgrading, buying something newer etc in the future i'm not quite sure. Especially without spending LOTS of money.

As fun as the Clio is; i'm not sure i still wanna be in mine 'forever' !

Hoping you grow into the 'M'. And if you can store the F1.....its unlikely to lose money in storage should you have an immediate change of heart.

Enjoy !

Curious to read as the M3 is dubbed one of the best drivers cars you can buy..

Does show what a special car the Clio is though...

M3 LOVELY BUT why the hairdresser version the power thing only at ### but not really enjoy
Purely down to budget really. An e90 or e92 would have cost me another 5 grand at least and also then looking at a lot higher mileage. This one has been well maintain and with great mileage AND it was only like 3 miles down the road to me which makes a change, cars are usually so expensive down south around here.

But Yeah, I think it is more of an emotional attachment to the clio, the bmw feels so grown up despite the obnoxiously loud v8. I dunno, storage for a few months and see how we go with the m3.

I think the sentimental value is probably due to the clio kind of being my poster car, it came out when I was just learning to drive and it's the thing I always aspired to. I have always said that the m3 would be the next natural progression for me though.

I would recommend all of you to keep your clios and get another car for a while and see how you get on before selling!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sevenfourate
awesome to have 2 cars..I would love to do that too..enjoy your new motor..looks tasty