New car, very happy man

Jesse James

Platinum Member
Hi all, been on here for all the time I have had my clio 197 so in all about 5 years and with having a little girl and turning 30 this year felt that it would be the best time to change.

Just wanted something with 5 doors preferably 4 wheel drive, wanted it to be good on fuel and some reasonable performance.

After looking at Audi, bmw, Mercedes and a volvo (don't ask) decided I only live once.

I didn't really find anything that I wanted and nothing that I found exciting. Then this came up....

2010 Subaru impreza wrx sti with prodrive performance pack
330bhp 350flb

This is one of my 2 dream cars so please be kind I have read most things about them being bad but it is a dream that needed to be made true.

Comments welcome02f5934870e5d41e6cdfa6330846af60.jpgee78ae3035a56e8dda6800fc978cacf5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: R32pete
I know about the same sadly to some it was the one in fast and furious that I liked cause it wasn't blue with gold wheels. I know nothing about turbo engines never had one but it is pretty damn quick

5af3a90bc22c2108f0e5db9d9dd73226.jpg

But seriously, if it ticks all the boxes then good on you. I bet it sounds awesome.

It does make some great sounds and as long as you miss the hole in the bonnet it will surprise most things at the lights

Had 4 Imprezas, 3 brand new. Servicing costs are high due to the boxer engine layout. Fast, fun but empty your wallet just as quick. Enjoy mate.

I remember seeing it in F&F and my gf thought it was a Ford Focus [emoji23]

Reactions: Nick
All season fun and practical to boot, enjoy it mate. Are these the 2l or the pesky 2.5?
It is the pesky 2.5 ha ha it was fully rebuilt by subaru 5000 miles ago so should be good for few thousand more

I was really expecting you to say something far more sensible when you were listing the requirements :smile: good choice though, I really like the look of these, and the performance must be a lot of fun! Enjoy!

Hope you still stick around on the forum.

I will not be leaving this forum as it is by a long way the nicest group of people I have spoken to. Really great community. @Pav and I need to know what Pav thinks of his new engine the anticipation is killing me

Reactions: Pav and Jimmy
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I proper chortled at that one Micah!!

Let's just hope the ladies don't have to wait too long while he 'spools up' :laughing:

I heard that if you're really forcing a lot in there, you a get a fair bit of wastegate chatter. Suppose it's the price you pay for going down the 'blown' route.

:oops: :topic:

Reactions: Jimmy
Doesn't Pav have a massive dump valve?:wink:

On topic: always wanted a scooby but sadly don't think I'll ever get one. Enjoy:grinning:

Reactions: Pav
Jesse,as above..thought you were going for something grown up alias boring but to our pleasant surprise,you hadn't..good on you mate..
Remember you and your car from long ago when I was a novice on here so don't be a stranger..
Now,the thing about Czech ladies is that you dont have to force anything..all you have to do is to have an aftermarket tail pipe:tearsofjoy:
Also Jesse I will be reporting back on the engine as soon as im back in good old Manchester..

Jesse,as above..thought you were going for something grown up alias boring but to our pleasant surprise,you hadn't..good on you mate..
Remember you and your car from long ago when I was a novice on here so don't be a stranger..
Now,the thing about Czech ladies is that you dont have to force anything..all you have to do is to have an aftermarket tail pipe:tearsofjoy:
Also Jesse I will be reporting back on the engine as soon as im back in good old Manchester..
Never will be mate we can talk boost cause it really is addictive. Pretty sure I read that this is your first turbo too so it's all good.