New Build Engine Dead 10,000 Miles

Yeah it's had a full bottom end build and it's been done the right way tbf, good quality bearings and arp bolts, that's how I'd have done it if I was doing the same to one, I think you've been extremely unfortunate with it..........have you got the engine in bits at the moment or is it still complete as you mentioned in the op that it had severe top end damage

It's in the garage at the moment, I have not got the time to deal with it as I'm to bussy with work, and the sound the engine is making, it just sound terrible. I am not bad with a spanner but I have no experience stripping down an engine, or rebuilding one and I have no one to help me with stuff like this.

The sad part about this is no one seem interesting in fixing it if I am honest, all the people I have contacted do not want to rebuild an engine, or will rebuild an engine but only if it's the original engine in the car but I think that engine is done. So not too sure what to do. And I cannot seem to buy a rebuilt engine from anyone, the only option I have left is an engine on eBay and hope for the best.

Yeah it's had a full bottom end build and it's been done the right way tbf, good quality bearings and arp bolts, that's how I'd have done it if I was doing the same to one, I think you've been extremely unfortunate with it..........have you got the engine in bits at the moment or is it still complete as you mentioned in the op that it had severe top end damage
Yeah I agree the engine build looks good, and the head had been done as well so yeah, just unlucky my end.

Yeah it is difficult to find someone who doesn't want to do anything other than filters and brakes and timing belts, there's very few places that want to or have the skill to rebuild one, I work as a machinist in an engine builders and know there's less and less places prepared to take them on but I think I'm miles away from you up in Rotherham, if your down south way I would say go see Chris at Beaniesport.........I know you may feel a bit of reticence given what's happened but I'd trust him to build an engine and he's previously built me a Clio box with LSD and it was faultless, failing that there's someone on the Facebook page with a full engine that s going to be removed in a few weeks that can be seen running before it's removed

Is it just me but thats an estimate not a receipt was the work done.

Thats a good point, would be interesting to see the final spec sheet regarding clearances, assuming they where done..

ACL bearings come up slightly looser than standard, I also imagine the crank was polished due to spinning a bearing initially making the clearances very important. 7 hours? I am at about 7 months :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sean197
Must admit I assumed that myself about the crank but came to my own conclusion it could have been a good second hand crank that was in tolerance, if a bearing spins it ain't polishing out

Yeah it is difficult to find someone who doesn't want to do anything other than filters and brakes and timing belts, there's very few places that want to or have the skill to rebuild one, I work as a machinist in an engine builders and know there's less and less places prepared to take them on but I think I'm miles away from you up in Rotherham, if your down south way I would say go see Chris at Beaniesport.........I know you may feel a bit of reticence given what's happened but I'd trust him to build an engine and he's previously built me a Clio box with LSD and it was faultless, failing that there's someone on the Facebook page with a full engine that s going to be removed in a few weeks that can be seen running before it's removed
Yeah that would be great if I could get the details of the Facebook guy selling the engine.

Is it just me but thats an estimate not a receipt was the work done.
The seller said he did not have a receipt for the work completed and was waiting for the guy at BeanieSport to supply a receipt which I thought this was, I have just notice on the form there was no reference to the car REG.

My view on this and I'm sorry is the previous owner got a quote for engine repair and with the amount quoted got a replacement engine (used) or fixed it themselves correctly or incorrectly within their skill level or with a third party and if you don't have a receipt or the invoice for the work I would stop using BeanieSport's name as from what you have shown us is all they have done is given a quote or a certain problem engine repair and either the seller has misrepresent the estimate as an invoice or you have misinterpreted the estimate as an invoice during the sale. Now if it was advertised as a BeanieSport rebuilt engine and they say they did not do the work you would have some comeback on the seller but thats your decision but at the moment I would edit the first post with the words with "I believed the car engine was built by a company called BeanieSport".

Yeah that would be great if I could get the details of the Facebook guy selling the engine.
Yeah I have that off Facebook and I'll add it in, as a few have mentioned the invoice you posted looked like an estimated bill, must admit I didn't clock that till it was mentioned, I've been back over my own invoices from beanie sport and I can confirm from my own transactions with him is that it's just an estimate and not a receipt for work done, sorry to say but it does seem like it's been misunderstood by either yourself or misrepresented by the seller as a bill for the work............... either way it's still and absolute sickner for you you've ended in the situation you have and all can be done is try and solve it as best you can

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905-221239.png
    Screenshot_20230905-221239.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 27
Yeah I have that off Facebook and I'll add it in, as a few have mentioned the invoice you posted looked like an estimated bill, must admit I didn't clock that till it was mentioned, I've been back over my own invoices from beanie sport and I can confirm from my own transactions with him is that it's just an estimate and not a receipt for work done, sorry to say but it does seem like it's been misunderstood by either yourself or misrepresented by the seller as a bill for the work............... either way it's still and absolute sickner for you you've ended in the situation you have and all can be done is try and solve it as best you can
The seller specifically said it had been rebuilt by BeanieSport and I have a record of are discussion and him given me a car specification and the work that had been carried out on the car, when we discussed who did the engine rebuild I was specific on who did it and when, and at what milage and year, which is why I brought the car in the first place. I will have to contact BeanieSport and see if I can get more info on the engine rebuild.

Ah ok, well not sure what to say mate other than I hope you get it sorted out, the thing you've put up is the same as a quote for work that I have for my gearbox as a quote only, when I picked it up I got another invoice there and then for the work that was done, Unfortunately as said though even if he has done the build I doubt there's little he could/would do given your not the original owner of the vehicle when the work was done and you don't know what's happened to it while you didn't own it and it's a track engine that's been built to be thrashed within an inch of its life, I don't know anyone who actually puts a guarantee on race engines due to the nature of the hobby, it could have skipped a tooth in the timing from a missed gear change or could have had a stone throw up into the timing belt as they've been know to do and it's why pms sell an extra plate that protects it, but all said I hope you get it sorted out

Ah ok, well not sure what to say mate other than I hope you get it sorted out, the thing you've put up is the same as a quote for work that I have for my gearbox as a quote only, when I picked it up I got another invoice there and then for the work that was done, Unfortunately as said though even if he has done the build I doubt there's little he could/would do given your not the original owner of the vehicle when the work was done and you don't know what's happened to it while you didn't own it and it's a track engine that's been built to be thrashed within an inch of its life, I don't know anyone who actually puts a guarantee on race engines due to the nature of the hobby, it could have skipped a tooth in the timing from a missed gear change or could have had a stone throw up into the timing belt as they've been know to do and it's why pms sell an extra plate that protects it, but all said I hope you get it sorted out
Yeah thanks mate, I will use the Facebook contact and see if I can get something sorted, at the moment it would just be nice to get an engine in the car so I can use it again. Then go from there.

So I managed to get some work done on the car today, I took the spark plugs out and checked with a borescope the head, pistons, cylinders and valves and they all look in good condition, there was no damage to the valves from what I can tell, and there rest all looks good, so it looks like the damage might only be bottom end.

So I managed to get some work done on the car today, I took the spark plugs out and checked with a borescope the head, pistons, cylinders and valves and they all look in good condition, there was no damage to the valves from what I can tell, and there rest all looks good, so it looks like the damage might only be bottom end.
Yeah from the video you posted it sounded like the bottom end had gone