New and Undecided...

Hi Guys

I have just sold my supercharged VX220, for various reasons, mainly impracticality. I am looking at 200s and think I have done all the research I can. I have found one that ticks all of my boxes apart from one, and it is causing me some headaches! The interior on this one is leather, it looks great and is practical, but I just wonder if I will regret not having the Recaro's.

Are the Recaros good? I know they suffer from wear, and being cloth are susceptible to dirt (I am not the cleanest of people).

Anyone have the leather interior, how is it?

Thanks

Philip

well you will not miss the recaro's if you never had them (like myself) but they are a great option..i have standard seats in mine and it doesnt make wanna kill myself :lol:

well you will not miss the recaro's if you never had them (like myself) but they are a great option..i have standard seats in mine and it doesnt make wanna kill myself :lol:

The fact i'm 6'3 and 16 stone and sat ontop of the Recaro's and not in them didnt make me wanna break out a sharp Stanley knife either.........

I personally think the Recaros make the car more special, but you should have a look in a couple of cars with both options.

Recaros are good, but don't suit everyone. Some find them too tight. I have them (in leather - you can get that), & love them but my wife hates them. I've driven many miles in a mate's non Recaro equipped car & found the standard seats comfy too & they also hold you in place pretty well so I wouldn't consider not having Recaros a deal breaker if the car is good in other respects.

Recaros were the most important thing for me when looking for a 200 , that and a ff cup chassis. Ne patient the Recaros are great and worth the wait. And if you ever want to sell in the future having Recaros and all the decent options is a bonus.

My friend had a 197 with leather and comfort levels were supreme , gives the car a more luxurious feel. I've got a 200 with recaros and comfort is spot on and obv look more sporty/aggressive. I would of had either when I was buying but as said above look and try out both options so you can make the right choice.

Thanks for all the replies! I have two lined up, one with (wrong colour), one without (right colour). I will keep you posted!

What colour do you want ? Because when I was looking my first choice was alien green and storm grey and liquid yellow , after seeing them all in the flesh I decided the glacier white looked nicer to my suprise. I also totally disregarded getting black but after seeing one the other week it looked really aggressive. In my opinion every colour 200 looks nice if it has cup chassis and the black speedlines.

If it's any help, I was also in the same boat as you. I wanted the seats and cup chassis in a particular colour. In the end I found the right car in terms of mileage, mechanical condition and price. It's everything I didn't want to start off with - black, standard cloth seats and doesn't have the cup chassis. Fact is, I love it! It's comfy, goes the same speed and handles very well.
My friend has Recaros in hers and being 6'2" and 14.5 stone I found the seats 'snug' and found myself overly cautious of getting in and out so as not to damage the bolster. Yes, they're aspirational, but it's not the end of the world if you don't have them. I looked at a dog of a glacier white cup in Hastings which had the Speedlines and leather seats. They were lovely, nice and solid, just be cautious of your buns in the winter!

Hello mate,

good luck with your search, I had the same dilemma and settled for a liquid yellow FF without the recaros. I thought the standard had a decent amount of support tbf.

I had a VXT for two years before selling last test for a commuter car, but I've just bought my RS200.

Once again thanks for the replies, it is great to see an active and helpful forum. The VX forum was really good also. My wife can't believe I have joined another car forum, her face was a picture!

Hello mate,

good luck with your search, I had the same dilemma and settled for a liquid yellow FF without the recaros. I thought the standard had a decent amount of support tbf.

I had a VXT for two years before selling last test for a commuter car, but I've just bought my RS200.

How much do you miss the VX? I am worried that I won't find anything all that fun compared to the VX, but I am trying to keep the 2 seperate, and circumstances dictate at the moment anyway.

May I suggest Leather Recaro's, that would surely tick all the boxes :drool:

Well yes, that would be lovely 8)

Off to post in the wanted section!

I have a 197 with standard seats and my mate has a 200 silverstone gp with recaros. The standard seats are perfectly good but the recaros do add to the whole driving experience. I agree with a previous post if car is good seats shouldn't be a deal breaker, they weren't for me anyway.

Right then folks. I have two lined up for viewing tomorrow. I need some sensible heads to help me look at the pros and cons and try and make a decision.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/renaultsport-clio/renault-clio-200-renaultsport---------------2012/5510579?v=b

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-2-0-VVT-200bhp-2011MY-Renaultsport-200-/182083370598?nav=SEARCH

So the first one seems like the sensible option, low mileage, nice leather, etc.

The second one is like 'ooh recaros'

What do you think?

Right then folks. I have two lined up for viewing tomorrow. I need some sensible heads to help me look at the pros and cons and try and make a decision.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...0-renaultsport---------------2012/5510579?v=b

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-2-0-VVT-200bhp-2011MY-Renaultsport-200-/182083370598?nav=SEARCH

So the first one seems like the sensible option, low mileage, nice leather, etc.

The second one is like 'ooh recaros'

What do you think?

33k is still low mileage for a car nearly 6 years old. The white one is better in my opinion but I bought a white 200 last month with Recaros , 33k miles , cup chassis speedlines full history etc for 8k so 9.5k is too much imo . Spend extra few grand and get Mini Cooper works gp 1 imo lol :tongueout:

You sure you want cup chassis? Have you drove non-cup and cup? That white looks lot better than black when we are talking about colour.

Personally I think the black one looks the better bet. You will know having driven them how you feel about the standard seats as far as the way they hold you in place is concerned - and they really do imho. However I sense that your heart is drawn to Recaros. That black one seems beautifully specced & with that mileage & presumably a service history.....
Good luck with your decision & whichever you go for, if either, put this behind you and enjoy the car. No regrets!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy Wheels and Tyres 42