New 200t

Not new to the forum but have had a few RS models, 197 cup, 200 Raider and an R26 Megane in LY. In September I switched to the dark side and bought a brand new VXR Corsa which despite the general opinion of most is a great car. However my wife who liked the look of the new Clio 200t, decided she had to have one. Anyway I had a look on the Internet and saw a lovely LY one for sale in Leicester. So I went down there just before Christmas and got her.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 105
Nice, would be interested to hear how it compares to the old model 200. I'm tempted to get back in an RS but can't decide on which 200....seriously tempted by another 200 (older one).

Welcome mate, lovely cars and enjoy it if ur mrs lets u drive it! Think i actually prefer these cars with the silver/athracite wheels over the black ones now, Hmmmm

It's very quick in Race mode, rapid gear change and the handling is great. Not got the cup suspension but that suits the wife. However it can't match the N/A 200 for fun and excitement. You certainly don't feel as planted as you did in the old one. Wether or not this was down to the cup suspension in the old model I'm not sure?

I'm not sure Chris. It has Nav but not sure if that's an extra. One thing I couldn't believe though is that the windows are manually operated in the back. The car was priced at £14695. It had 2k on the clock at three months old. I was shocked at that price.

Yeh so its a none lux, the nav will be renualtnav compared to the tom-tom. So being none-lux wont have the climate or folding mirrors or auto headlights etc...

Strange considering they specd the very expensive paintwork lol...

Last edited:
Just looked Chris, it's got auto lights but no climate just AC. No folding mirrors but has cruise control. I've noticed it has voice control on the R-link too.

Welcome mate, lovely cars and enjoy it if ur mrs lets u drive it! Think i actually prefer these cars with the silver/athracite wheels over the black ones now, Hmmmm

Recognise that R in the background. Great car, went in it a few times when Hugh owned it. Very jealous.

Recognise that R in the background. Great car, went in it a few times when Hugh owned it. Very jealous.

yh took alot of time and patience to get Hugh to sell it but got there in the end lol well if your ever down this way let us know and u can have another passenger ride. Do u still speak to Hugh?

Not spoke for a while. I walk the dog past his shop sometimes and give him a wave if he's in. I was was looking for an R for my mate but he didn't want to pay over 20k hence not buying the one off Hugh. He got a nice one in the end in Black with the cage, 888 tyres and ti exhaust. I know Hugh looked after yours, it is a magnificent machine in the best colour. Well, the second best but I'm not sure if there are any in the UK in LY:lol:.

Shops still going then, he hadn't long set up before I brought the meg. I did text him shortly after but I never did get a response. Thats Fair enough, I didnt mind paying the extra for Hugh's as i knew it was a rarer colour, standard, well spec'd and looked after. Hopefully will only go up in value aswell. Yh i know of atleast one LY in the country. oldish guy had one at the renaultsport trackday at bedford this year, never had a cage in it thou. There was also one for sale on pistonheads a few years ago now but whether it stayed in the country or not i dont know. Have to get some pics of ur Vxr up aswell, brother used to have one and ive always had abit of a soft spot for them.

I always wanted a Burg in Green but couldn't face the slaughtering. Anyway I gave in to temptation and bought one of the new shape ones and am very pleased with it. You're right about the Megane. Values will increase over the next few years especially yours with that spec and of course the rare colour. They are great cars, I had my mates for a week. I couldn't stop myself going out in it looking for tunnels to hear the sound of that amazing titanium exhaust. Anyway here's a pic of the Corsa.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 14
Very nice,cant help u with the pic im afraid. Im still yet to see the new vxr in the flesh, at one point i think 50% of my friends on facebook had a vxr lol. Definitely chose the right colour aswell, cant say im a fan of the green they come in. Think its 'grasshopper green' off the top of my head but im probs wrong. Got any plans for it or you keeping it standard? You must have a good friend for him to let u borrow his r26r lol Its very rare I do use mine but it makes it special when i do use it. Exhaust is very addictive! especially pulling in 2nd gear, once got me black flagged at bedford thou for almost being too loud lol

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1