New 200t a rare sight

If like me you"ve struggled to catch a glimpse of the new 200T on the road(I"ve seen two),the answer is at hand.According to steve moody in the july copy of car magazine,where he"s been running a 200T for the past ten months(it didn"t get a great review-that gearbox again),less than 500 have been sold in a year against 7000 fiesta ST in same period.I think much head scratching at renaultsport considering the new megane 275 trophy and R version look bang on the money.

It's not surprising. The extra cost, the auto gearbox and the fiesta being launched at the same time all are against it.

I see one all the time, though that's because I know the owner. Never seen another one on the road.

I'd disagree with the new Megane being on the 'money' though, they're way way WAY too much money for a Renault however fast it may be around the ring. A £36k Renault? Financial suicide given the lead like depreciation of new ones, there are more attractive cars in that bracket imo and Renault are being very lazy and need to move the game on big time soon.

I figured not many had been sold given that I haven't seen many and they've had not great reviews...then again I only saw a handful of Megane 250's on the road when I owned mine. As far as i'm concerned the less that sell the better, makes it more exclusive to those who want one when I come to sell.

Maybe Renault have misjudged the market and if those stats are correct then well done to Ford, it's a great little car. It's not really something i've thought about as I bought the car because it's the perfect all-rounder for what I need right now and I would never consider the Fiesta. I think it's been criticised really un-justly in the press which will affect the sales but as already mentioned I think it's a great package for the money. But I would say that LOL.

All good for me :smile: i love the exclusivity.
I know the fiesta st is good car but i must say i have seen ALOT of these.
Not a head turner.

Had mine nearly 10 months and the only other one I have seen is James Impeys when hey came over last week

I still het people stopping and staring in fuel stations when i fill up

I'd much rather have a car that suits me and is (in this case exclusive) than be a sheep and have a fiesta St because someone else said it's good

Feck that

This is me. This is my choice and this is my car

What's your point?

Oh wait. let me guess.....

you don't have to have a swipe at st owners!

as you said it suits you and its not common like other rs cars

as for all this crap over the gearbox...I have driven a few and cant say I had nay issues with it and in fact on my drive to work often think it would be a better drive to work in auto than the constant gear changing :glare:

I thought the gearbox was alright. Takes a bit of getting used too, but didn't think it was all bad. I just think it's less refined than the ST.

Rare indeed. Having said that, 197s/200s are not that common either, I live in London and I very rarely see any..

This is awesome of course:wink:

Rare indeed. Having said that, 197s/200s are not that common either, I live in London and I very rarely see any..

This is awesome of course:wink:

Think the same matey, i dont see that much 197s 200s and I think it makes it more appealing/interesting when people actually see them :wink:

you don't have to have a swipe at st owners!

as you said it suits you and its not common like other rs cars

as for all this crap over the gearbox...I have driven a few and cant say I had nay issues with it and in fact on my drive to work often think it would be a better drive to work in auto than the constant gear changing :glare:

Same here, I haven't had any issues or frustrations with the gearchange yet, it's fast enough and fluid enough...I don't know why it has been slated. I thought i'd be driving manual everywhere but for the daily commute i'm always in auto and it's bloody nice.

On another note I said earlier I would never own the ST but I would like to have a go in one :smile:

It was not a swipe and i did not mean it that way

i was only pointing out that 7000 people have bought the car and im sure for good reasons

I still havent seen another on the road yet since i have had mine :smile:

Can't say that I've seen another 200T round this way (SW Scotland... Dumfries area) at all.

JEL

How are you finding the cup suspension and the larger wheel / tyre combo in day-to-day use?

Just starting to wonder if I maybe should have ticked the cup suspension box when ordering my car!?!?!

Slightly daft I know, but due to the long lead times to actually get a car, I've gone and ordered mine (LUX in flame red) without having a test drive yet (the dealer keeps saying that "the demo car is coming by the end of the week"... so's bloody Christmas at this rate!!!).

I wondered if I amend my order to include the cup suspension, if it will slow my order up!?

PS. JEL ... Out of interest. How long did your car take to arrive from ordering it ?

Last edited:
I've seen a grand total of 1 (one) RS200T on road in Northern Ireland. Not a big seller over here. I'd say the price difference has something to do with the difference in sales figures. Spec'ing the cars up to how I'd want them there's a near £7,000 difference!

Last time I was in the dealership I asked one of the sales men had they sold any to which he replied he personally had sold 5 or 6 to which I say bulls@#t don't see why he needs to lie. He also said they not had a demo one yet so all were ordered without a test drive.

MikeO My car was actually the garage demonstrator. I had a drive in it and decided there and then that I had to have it . I had to wait 7 weeks before they could release it . I love driving it, it's comfortable , fast , & more economical than my 197
I really cannot think of any negatives about the car.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1