New 200 owner - a few Qs

Hi all,

New to 200 ownership. Fantastic car. Cup chassis is remarkable.

Just a few Qs about 'quirks' with the car. I've done a search and can't seem to find anything definitive so please go easy on me.

(1) squeeky throttle pedal - when i let off the gas a little mouse pops up and squeeks hello. Any ideas?

(2) also when accelerating hard and changing up at say 6-7k ever so occasionally when i let off the gas i can hear what i can only describe as a 'fluttering sound'. Only ever so occasionally but it is a little disconcerting as i'm not expecting it when it does happen. Only ever at the top end of the rev range.

(3) climate control - fans seem very loud (loud, quiet, loud, quiet, loud .......). Is this normal? Turn the stereo up i know! But it's ******.

(4) air con doesn't seem to blow very cold. Again normal, or does it need a regas?

(5) tyre pressures - have tried the recommended 34F 31 R, but compared to the low, but even, F & R pressures the car came with the car seems a little understeery. What do people tend to run - same front and rear, or the standard recommended pressures?

(6) how the hell do you rev match with this throttle? A little vague to say the least.

Apols if this is in the wrong section and there are pages of answers to the above.

Cheers All.

(1) It will go away eventually. If not then some grease on the rear mechanism should eradicate the squeak.

(2) This is normal. Something to do with an acoustic valve IIRC

(3) I have a Cup so don't have this problem lol

(4) As above lol.

(5) I run standard recommended pressures and not experienced understeer tbh.

(6) It takes a fairly hard stamp to get it to "blip". No worth around solution I don't think. Perhaps a sprint booster might help?

On the tyre pressure note, are they the standard tyres or have they been changed? Crap tyres cause understeer!
Wasnt sure if u meant a brand new 200 so apologies if u did!

Many thanks so far, and apologies for another question!

From cold 1st gear is impossible to engage on start up. Need to release clutch try reverse or another gear and then hey presto. A search throws up a commonly faulty clutch slave cylinder. Question is has anybody managed to have this done under warranty or is it a 'live with it' situation?

I can only comment on a/c, tyre pressure and rev matching.

Firstly a/c is the worst of any car I've driven and it's same as the 197 so I just live with it.

I run 28 all round cold pressure on track which equates to higher front pressure. This gives me some under steer but I prefer that. It's really do do with how you adapt to the car.

I used to find heel and toe really easy with the 200 but seems to be harder now. It really does need a big stab. I've also noticed the engine doesn't run as smoothly on a steady throttle.

(6) how the hell do you rev match with this throttle? A little vague to say the least

Lol, I've had mine a month now and find rev match very difficult compared to the integra's I've had in the past, if I blip too light it almost sounds like it momentarily died for a minute fraction of a second, blip to hard and it does just that revs too high...

Wierd...but seemingly normal I see

Another Q please. Not driven the car that much since I got it so still getting used to things.

I've read about flat spots on the 197s but wonder if this was sorted on the 200s. Occasionally when I boot it the car seems to momentarily hesitate through the rev range (sorry can't say whether this is at a particular revs). First couple of times I thought traction control, but on warm dry roads with good tyres and tread?

Another Q please. Not driven the car that much since I got it so still getting used to things.

I've read about flat spots on the 197s but wonder if this was sorted on the 200s. Occasionally when I boot it the car seems to momentarily hesitate through the rev range (sorry can't say whether this is at a particular revs). First couple of times I thought traction control, but on warm dry roads with good tyres and tread?

The flat spots most people mention are due to aftermarket parts like exhausts, these can cause a flat spot between 2k - 3k (unless mapped out), I'm not aware of a there being a flat spot problem on the standard car and map....although I may be wrong.

The TC can be a pain in the arse though, I've had it a couple of times where booting it out of a corner the TC jumps in and the car kangaroo's making me look like a n00b (which I am, but I dont want everyone to know)

If you really wanna see a flatspot, do the delete centre silencer mod.....since I did mine, it's been awful but I've learned to drive around it. Got to get K-Tec to remap it ASAP.

so it is traction control - a little intrusive at times then.

TC has nothing to do with the kangerooing, i think it more to do with the fly by wire on the pedal, but ive heard turning it off helps with driving it. the flat spot is just how the engine is designed/tuned.

The engine is a bit flat at low revs but I just have to remember to drop a gear or two if I'm making progress on the road. On track the flat spot is never a problem. I'm not sure of the exact rpm but the flat spot seems to appear fairly low in the rev range.

I run my tyres at 36psi all round, even on track. While this is probably a bit high, the handling seems to remain neutral and it stops the edges of the front tyres shredding.

I've had one instance of flooring it in 3rd gear (50mph) to overtake and the engine hesitating for a couple of seconds. Not sure what caused this but it only happened the once in 15k miles.

The clutch pedal squeaks, just need to treat it to some lube.

The drivers seat (poverty spec) squeaks and is by far the most serious niggle I've had with my 200.

oh, forgot to mention, I can rev-match quite happily but only if I'm wearing wide trainers (DC's etc). It does take a bit of a stab.

I did a track day in racing boots and found it almost impossible to heel & toe as I normally just roll the throttle with the side of my foot when braking. I'm going to look at modifying the throttle pedal to sort this.

Similar Thread Suggestions