New 197 owner

836099FD-7E2D-4D80-9DCC-53D0C37AF910.jpeg Hello all, I recently purchased a 197 a few month ago and recently noticed a 197.net sticker on the rear window when it was steamed up so I thought I would sign up .

Car is completely standard but if any one knows anything about the car it would be nice to know.

Reactions: Jimmy
welcome along..thanks for joining up..anything just ask..dont see many standard cars about anymore..yours has painted calipers im sure..
enjoy your stay :sunglasses:

Welcome along mate, lovely tidy example of a standard RB!

Welcome to the forum, we won’t ask how you managed to steam up the windows... :smiley:

Reactions: Pav
Another new RB owner! Nice one. Congrats on picking the best colour. Totally biased.

Good to see a very almost standard one.

If you want it to stay that way, I’d not look at too many build threads on here...

:smile:

Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome and kind words.
How do I know if it has a cup pack?
Sorry for the questions it’s my first Renault sport so I’m a total novice :think:

Thanks for the welcome and kind words.
How do I know if it has a cup pack?
Sorry for the questions it’s my first Renault sport so I’m a total novice :think:

The best way to check is to have a look at the colour code markings on the suspension springs: if your car has the Cup chassis, the springs will have orange & blue dots, front and rear. If not, it will be the standard (but still awesome!) chassis. Anthracite wheels and red calipers are also other signs of a Cup chassis, however as said above, these items are often done as mods, so it's not as reliable a source.

And we are here to help, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you need!

Reactions: Pav
Plate checker says it's a standard 197, just had a look!

Similar Thread Suggestions