New 197 owner :)

Afternoon all,

New here but have been active on Cliosport.net for years so not new to RS Clios :smile: I bought my rourth RS Clio last night, a 197 last night in Albi Blue with refurbed Anthracite wheels, Xenons, rear tints & a ****ty Cabasse Stereo everything else bog standard as far as im aware. Its an 06 model so assume it has the factory 'broken' gearbox although im not currently having any of the known symptoms. FSH with the cambelt done at Renault at the 5 year mark. Somehow managed 38MPG on the drive home although this is slowly dropping as expected :smile:

Ill be attempting to fit an aux cable to the dire Cabasse system when I have the cables required, however ive read through many threads regarding exhaust tips but they all link to eBay items which are no longer for sale :worried: Does anyone know if these will fit?

Ill get some photos up at the weekend, although its a standard car with darker wheels, so not exactly exciting viewing lol.

Dan

Welcome to the forum :smile:

I wouldn't worry too much about the gearbox problems - there's no hard and fast rule when it comes to which cars are affected by it, it just seems like pot luck. If your car has got this far with no issues, then (touch wood), you should be ok :smile:

hi and welcome..glad you have come back to a clio...those tips will fit if standard exhaust..had same on mine..
enjoy the forum

Welcome mate.

As Jimmy sais, pot luck determines the gearbox. If you find it notchy, then gearbox oil usually sorts it.

Any 197 is worth viewing on this forum! Get the pics up!!!

I've got a 182 track car so keeping the 197 basically standard to get to work and back minus some tips, silvervisions and a few other minor bits, looks great as it is tbh!

Similar Thread Suggestions