New 197 owner.

Hello all.

Having had four 172s, I decided it was time to move into something a little more grown up. I spotted this for sale and went and had a look. After a full check over, I was in love!

Here's a few pics I took last Saturday:

I look forward to finding my way around.

Cheers,
Aaron

I went the same way, looking for something a little more grown up but still having that Renault sport charm. Cracking choice :smile:, great looking car!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and kind comments about the Clio. About 700 miles into ownership now and I just can't fault it. I've more than loved every minute in it. How hard would it be to get a paint code for my wheels? I'd like to have them painted, one or two have some scratches on.

Also, having just passed the 40,000 miles mark, I'm guessing I should swiftly get around to changing the timing belt? What intervals do you guys recommend?

UPDATE:

Well, I've not much cool visual stuff to add but so far I've done the following:

- Had the timing belt, tensioner, water pump and aux belt replaced.
- Fitted 4 new Continental Contact Sport 3s
- Fitted a new o2 sensor as the downstream sensor failed.
- Changed the oil (Elf Evolution 5w40 fully synthetic)
- Fitted a new front wiper motor as the old one failed due to being submerged in water (drain plugs were completely blocked)
- Had to replace the rear wiper arm as some knacker broke it off while the car was parked outside my gf's house.

I've ordered 2 x inner tie rods, 2 x track rod ends and Mintex front discs which I hope to get fitted tomorrow. The wheels need painting due to some kebring from the previous owner, that will be done over the next few months. I will also be fitting some DS2500s and changing the brake fluid with something decent in preperation for a trackday that I've booked for the 1st of March. Other than that I'd like to fit some cup suspension and a cup spoiler as soon as funds allow.

I've done about 2,500k miles so far and I haven't got one complaint about the drive of the car. They are amazing machines and very rewarding to drive. Fuel wise, it drinks it. About 24mpg city driving (I can get this figure up to about 27mpg if I drive like a granny) and a max of about 33-34mpg motorway (my calculations, the trip comp mpg gauge has a mind of it's own). The wiper motor and o2 sensor have failed since I've had it but all the other money I have spent has just been general service and maintenance.

Similar Thread Suggestions