New 197 owner from Norfolk

Hi to all, new owner of an 06 Albi blue 197.

This is my first time dabbling with french cars and have been impressed with the handling so far, still trying to get used to the close ratio gearbox.

Needs a bit of work doing to get it up to scratch, have just ordered some low mileage cup springs and dampers form an early 200 model, new front discs, pads and brembo pad pin kit, oil and filter, air and cabin filter, just need to get spark plugs and washer and ratchet bit for the sump plug.

Rear tyres need replacing soon but holding out for a bit until i've made up my mind on whether to get new wheels with a bigger offset or get the standard ones refurbed and apply some spacers.

From the brief time i've had to look around the site it seems like a decent community and will no doubt be posting questions fairly soon.

Cheers

Mark.

Last edited:
:welcome:
would recommend new wheels with bigger offset rather than getting spacers..
fire away anytime..we are here to share...
get some pics up..

Will sort some pics asap, not sure on what style of wheel to go for and unsure of exactly how much the 200 cup springs and dampers will lower, from what i can see it looks to be about 7mm?

Previous car was an impreza and that was a lot easier to find wheels that suit it, seems to be only a few that suit the 197.

Similar Thread Suggestions