new 197 owner from huddersfield - few questions

Heppy997

Paid Member
just bought an albi blue 197 couple of weeks ago. 56 reg with a milltek exhaust and itg air intake but standard otherwise. love the car but theres a couple of things it needs; its missing the black front splitter at the bottom of the bumper, renault are charging £80 odd quid for a new one which is a bit daft for a bit of plastic so i was wondering are there any others that will fit the 197?

Heres the bit i mean:View attachment 11580

The other thing is the drivers side door handle has suddenly stopped working - its the keyless entry type, the button just wont lock the car anymore. The black proximity sensor still unlocks it so I'm guessing i should just swap out the handle?

Heres the car anyway:View attachment 11581View attachment 11582

cheers!

Ali

Welcome to the forum. Car looks good.

Not much choice splitter wise, ktec racing do one but its over £200.

Handles a common problem, they are tempremental.

Thanks! I've just read that renault use the same keyless system across different models, is this right? because theres plenty handles on eBay but i don't wanna buy the wrong one

welcome along mate..not far from you either..if you ever fancy a drive out give us shout..
car looks good but as Chris mentioned,the handles are a common problem..might worth checking your local scrap yards to see if they have any of the parts you need..
i would also change the gearbox oil if i was you just to stay on the safe side...

door buttons always giving trouble - bit of a fiddle to change them - pitty they are megane handles as you can get the switch separately!

as said change gearbox oil and if not been done get all the brakes - front & rear - stripped down and cleaned etc - will save in the long term

Welcome to the forum. Good to see another member from Yorkshire.

A breakers yard might have an original splitter? As an alternative to an aftermarket or brand new one.

thanks all. will get gearbox oil changed then, as its due a service in a few weeks. previous owner had had the brakes stripped down and painted before i bought it so they should be all good hopefully. yeah [MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION] I've seen the cupra splitter, iv read you gotta take the bumper off to fit it though? bit of a ballache. or is that the case with the original one as well?

Similar Thread Suggestions