New 197 owner from Doncaster

Hi all - I've just collected my 2007 Clio 197 which is a temp replacement for my track day mini which is being rebuilt into a racecar.

I'll post a pic up of the car asap but have a few questions:

Does the temp gauge normally sit around the 1/3 mark?
Do the renaultsport spoilers (front, side and rear) provide any actual downforce/reduce lift or are they just cosmetic?
What's the biggest (diameter & thickness) discs that can be used with the standard brembo brakes?
Any recommendations of a decent trimmer in the south yorkshire area who can sort out a split side bolster on a recaro seat?
With keyless entry, does the car auto lock when you walk away from the car with the entry card?

Cheers! :thumbup1:

Welcome along

can answer a few questions:

1: The spoiler, skirts and splitter are purely cosmetic and in the case of the cup spoiler it actually reduces top speed by around 3 mph.

2: Biggest you can go on the Brembos with std 17" Alloys is 330mm x 28mm. We do a 2 piece 330mm kit that comes with the required spacers, quite a few forum members run them, check them out here:

http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/cazan-racing-330mm-front-disk-kit-89756-p.asp

If you wanted bigger you and had 18" alloys you could fit a 356mm 8pot caliper kit from K Sport. (It's under the Megane listing but fits the clio)

http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/k-sport-big-brake-kits---megane-13932-p.asp

3: Not sure about south yorkshire but there is trader on here, Edge Automotive, who is very good and has done a lot of work on the recaros.

4: the keyless entry won't self lock if you just walk away. You either need to press the button on the door handle or on the keycard

Be good to see pictures of the mini too :smile:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, refer to post 2 to answer your questions

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

As nice as the Clio is, I need to find space for it at the front of the house:
2014-06-24074824.jpg

Pic of the Mini at Oulton Park:
2013-07-24120700_zpsf36827b7.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions