Need some opinions, roll cage colour....

From the picture it looks like the rear bar on that cage is about 3cm (if not less) from your head, directly behind the seat head rest.

Your right the bar isn't far from the back of the seats but as I said the seats were just laid back in only for the purpose of the photos. Where they were you'd have to be 10ft tall to drive it haha but when they are bolted in the correct place they won't be that close.

Slightly off topic no? If he wants a cage, he can have one.

I don't believe anybody said he couldn't. I simply asked him how it impacted his insurance as from experience some insurance companies don't like cages.

Personally I had a cage (full weld in 6 point cage inc door bars etc) in my track car I used to have and the insurance aspect was one reason it ended up getting trailered to the track.

Match it yellow mate, will look epic!

As for insurance iv asked mine about fitting one in the new year and they didnt seem to have a problem with it so hopefully wont be adding too much to your premium. Guess it all depends on who your with.

Anthracite to match your wheels and interior. Black is too boring IMO, second choice would be LY (pricey). Flat yellow might look a bit (dare I say it)... cheap.

It's your car though, go with what you think is best :smile:

As close to liquid yellow as you can, would stand out but wont look odd.
Match it yellow mate, will look epic!

As for insurance iv asked mine about fitting one in the new year and they didnt seem to have a problem with it so hopefully wont be adding too much to your premium. Guess it all depends on who your with.

I think yellow would look good not sure if it would be to much yellow then but would defiantly stand out. And as Robo said LY would be to pricey not really worth it just for a cage.

Anthracite to match your wheels and interior. Black is too boring IMO, second choice would be LY (pricey). Flat yellow might look a bit (dare I say it)... cheap.

It's your car though, go with what you think is best :smile:

I don't no what's best haha and only want to paint it once as its not the greatest of things to fit!

Think blacks boring too maybe grey as it would suit other parts of the car well. Oh well I'll just have to decide lol

Sorry to butt in, if you have any problems, feel free to get in touch, we insure many 'caged cars.

i think it will look poo in any colour don't fit it and sell it to me lol

Haha well you can have it when I'm finished with it lol. Probable wont be in a few months as I'm looking at new cars now :/ getting a little bored lol

. As I said, if a lorry rear ends you, the car normally crushes and you walk away, with a cage bolted in that can no longer happen and you are crushed to death.

That's the biggest load of b0llox I've read in a long while!

If a lorry hits you that hard I'd sooner have the added protection of the roll cage in there.