Need new tyres! Help!

Hey guys, i recently purchased my clio 200 and it came with brand new "event" budget tyres.. Seem ok for daily driving but i went on a track day at brands hatch and the track was a little greasy/wet and my god they were terrible.. (what i expected)

So i've been looking into tyres (looking at around £75-90 per corner) and i've narrowed it down to 2 tyres.

My first/favourite choice are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's £83.60 per tyre rated A for grip dry/wet and have many 5/5 reviews all saying amazing grip for track and everyday use.

Second choice which someone with a 200 highly recommends are Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39's
Reviews also seem to be very good on these.

Could anyone help or recommend tyres that offer great grip wet/dry on track but can be used as a all year round tyre.

Thanks!

Nankang have good reviews, sold by a trader on here [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

When my tyres die I will be getting these.

Well there not so good in the wet, is the only the ive heard about them. But for 70-90 budget your going to struggle getting something fantastic in wet and dry grip.

Get them then mate :smile:

Was just giving you an option. I personally have a set of winter tyres which are awesome in the winter/wet. Is why im not bothered about getting nankangs for the summer!

I have them on my car, those who attended the Welsh drive can vouch for how they handled the Welsh roads [emoji6]

I've heard so many mixed reviews on Nankangs.. that's the only thing stopping me from getting them!

the NS-2R's are fantastic unfortunately a lot of people confuse them with the NS 20 which is a horrendous tyre. As mentioned by Chris the dry grip is amazing but obviously the winter/wet grip is comprised by this.

Eagle f1s are great road tyres, good wet and dry grip. I used them for a dry track day though and they would over heat and go off after three laps or so of use (at brands also). I'm running them for road tyres and have a separate set of wheels with some nankang ns2rs for track days!

So it depends on what you care about the most, I suppose with the winter months coming eagle f1s are probably a good choice then change for the summer months can't comment on the ku39s but I had some ku31s on an old car and again they were a good road tyre

Similar Thread Suggestions