National Tyres MOT

Just want to have a bit of a rant and get something off my chest...

My 197 is due for its 2nd mot today, 09 plate, had some new tyres fitted by my uncles garage at weekend, where he was going to do an MOT for me aswell but couldnt get it in until next week as hes really busy.. but he did a full pre-mot check in it for me while he had it and said it will fly through, as you would expect with a 4 year old car with less than 30k on the clock..

anyway i registed online with national tyres, and got an mot for £27.. bargain, and they could do it last night at 5 oclock, after i finished work..

alls good upto now..

so i took the car in yesterday, when i finished work, had to wait around for it as by the time i could have got home i would have had to go back to the garage to pick it up.. and they closed at 6.. stood around waiting in the cold for them to do this mot, brew machine not working, only cold drinks.. which is great when its -3..

Anyway,, to the point, they came through to me at half 6.. after putting all shutters down and said the emitions tester had broke and they couldnt fix it... i then heard them say to each other it had been playing up all day..

so after waiting around for an hour and half in the cold, they tell me this, and they cannot do a printout of the mot without this test being done even though everything else had flown through no problem.. so my options are now, fail the MOT and pay again to get it retested, or cancel the mot and come back the next day to get it done, but i would have to wait for the whole test to be done again...

i cant go to another garage to get it done as i payed for it online before to get it so cheap..and they cant give me a refund as i payed online...

i now have to ring up today the see if the machine is working, then get half a day off work, and take it back in today...

not a happy chappy!

:angry:

Thought you were going to say that it needed new tyres haha. A pain in the ass losing that time but it's definitely not the end of the world.

Sounds a bit of a pain that. I think the saying, you get what you pay for sticks well here.

Thought you were going to say that it needed new tyres haha. A pain in the ass losing that time but it's definitely not the end of the world.

That would of been hilarious!!

Just go back tomorrow and get it re-done seeing as you have already paid etc.

Pain in the arse though!