Nankang Tyres?

Lol.. The Conti 5 is a ditch finder compared to the 'car spoiling Chinese' NS-2R. I have customers that have switched from 888's to these and won't be going back..

You really should swallow your pride, try some, save some cash along the way and join the growing ranks who realise that Conti's are far too overated.. Amen

Just found them on your site, what compound/wear rate should I go for? I'm guessing 180 Medium?

Reactions: Walker2686
Would these NS-2R's be suitable for daily driving or is there a lot of road noise, or lack of grip when cold? Just looking for some tyres with the performance to give when the road allows, and it seems not many have said much about their day to day abilities?

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] uses them as his daily tire, as they are similar to 048's/ 888's ect which are daily tyres I can't see why not. I know I'm going to be using them for a daily.

Dont know much about that, is that a charge on importing?
[MENTION=24757]maccy[/MENTION] Technically it's a charge on registering a vehicle. And its not cheap, just used the VRT calculator and to import my 3 year old 200 the charge would be €5400 approx!

Last edited:
Would these NS-2R's be suitable for daily driving or is there a lot of road noise, or lack of grip when cold? Just looking for some tyres with the performance to give when the road allows, and it seems not many have said much about their day to day abilities?

I use them daily and have no complaints at all. From cold they have really good bite and in the wet they are surprisingly good. When in large puddles where something like a 595 RSR would be aquaplaning these are planted to the tarmac very well.

They are slightly noisier but nothing to be off putting and to be expected with this type of tyre and tbf we don't buy these cars for their levels of quietness. The same goes got the stiffer sidewalls in that they are not uncomfortable on the road.

I'll be sticking with these as road and track tyres for sure :smile:

If i chose to up grade to these, could I do it one month front and the next rear, or wait and do them all togeather due to the difference from "normal" road tyres?

I just got some normal NS2's to get me out the **** during the week. Wet weather grip is pretty poor, dry weather grip is about the same as the sportcontact. Not a bad tyre for £50.

Iam going take a chance on a set off Nagkang's on Mr Angels say so???? in the next month or so I'll let you guys know if I find a ditch

If i chose to up grade to these, could I do it one month front and the next rear, or wait and do them all togeather due to the difference from "normal" road tyres?

Ideally you want to replace the rears first. You can replace tyres in pairs. But always best to have the newest on the rear.

If you loose grip on your tyres it's best to loose grip first on the front than first on the back.

Ideally you want to replace the rears first. You can replace tyres in pairs. But always best to have the newest on the rear.

If you loose grip on your tyres it's best to loose grip first on the front than first on the back.

Not sure I agree with that buddy.

As long as you change in pairs, where you change them is just personal preference. Do you want under steer or oversteer?

Each to their own though :smile:

I always make sure the best pair are up front. Steering and traction are more important to me as rarely will the back step out, nice when it does though :clap:

I always make sure the best pair are up front. Steering and traction are more important to me as rarely will the back step out, nice when it does though :clap:

I agree, fronts do allot more work than the rears, steering an 80% of the braking.

That methodology is fine for Joe public but I'm not sure it has semi slicks in mind. What if its damp? You've put albeit new but compromised grip at the rear.

Best not to mix road / track tyres at all IMO their performance is too widely different. Having seen some people try to run r888s only on the front then spent too much time the wrong way around.

TBH the new tyres on rears is aimed at retards with wank cars. Clio is very well balanced with most people expecting oversteer.

Provided you have decent tread on the rears that is imo.

But again I would say it really depends on what you want from a tyre. I use the 200 on a weekend as a toy with the wife using it as a daily. No disrespect to her but I wouldn't want her running around on fast road oriented tyres.

rotate wheels and tyres at regular intervals and you don't have any issues...just fit 4 new tyres....job done!