My Warranty woes

My ongoing Warranty saga is driving me to distraction. Emailed Renault Customer Services for the seat base and juddering when cold. They ignored me for a month. Rang them and got told that they would look into it. Another month later and I chased them up with another phone call. Said they were very sorry but would look into what had gobe wrong. Another month later they ring me to ask if all was sorted. Explained to them that I was waiting for advice. They then told me that they could do nothing about the seat and suggested that I go to a Renault dealer and have the patch for the ECU. Went to my local Renault Dealer who have b ooked me in for tomorrow to do the ECU patch. They did say that they would suggest that I could get the seat repaired if I was prepared to pay for half of it. Found out today that the seat base is £203.00 and they were going to charge me £175 for this. So it looks like they expect me to pay nearly full price for this. They will not get a go ahead from meuntil I have threatened Customer services at Renault with legal action.

So according to Renault UK it is alright to leave customers to stew for months and then tell them that their Warranty is useless.

PLEASE post this on the Renaultsport Forum - they WILL do something as they HATE people going on about poor service on there.

It was doing just this that got me a phone call with a solution to the 3 month battle I was fighting the very next morning!

i think there must be 2 different customer service numbers cause any time we have rang up things are sorted right away lol

we have had new graphics all around, new door handles , new seat base for drivers side and new folding door mirrors all under warrenty without any questions lol

Mike, thanks for the advice. This is where it all went wrong four months ago. Posted on Renaultsport and got told to contact Customer services. have been frustrated by them ever since.

Had the patch put on the ECU this morning by my helpful local Renault dealer. No joy on the seat base though so phoned RUK at lunch time to see if they would cover the replacement of the seat cover. Gave up waiting for them to ring me back at 4.00pm so phoned them up again. the guy dealing with my complaint who should have rung me back was still not available. So had to pick my car up without the seat being repaired. Now looking at contacting SMMT to make a complaint about Renault as they have failed in their code of conduct.

Still fuming about it now.

You'll get it sorted - that RUK user on RS is quite a powerful figure :smile::smile:

Hope you get it done :smile: