My Renaultsport Machine - Glacier White Clio 200 Cup

Considering an ITG one myself, not too sure and don't know the difference between either. Considering it's presumably just cotton in both filters?

I prefer cotton myself, foam relies much more heavily on the oil for dirt retention - so it's more important to get the oiling stage correct and I find they require more frequent cleaning/oiling because of it. So anything that places more emphasis on maintenance and risk of screwing things up gets a thumbs down. Issue with oiling being; too little oil and not enough filtering properties, too much and can cause a slight restriction, and on cars running MAF's (we don't) then you can clog them.

It's all mostly ******** though and such minor differences in the real world. Buy what ever is cheapest (cough almost brand new k&n!! :wink:)

Talk about a sales pitch! :wink: You are right though, there is no real difference in the real world. I've always had K&N's and when removing and cleaning them they are a bit more resilient, whereas the foam ones can be delicate. However, the cleaning / re-oiling process can be messed up on a cotton filter too so there's not really a difference there.

I would go for your K&N it's just that I have a voucher to use and need something to buy with it you see! Also re; hoses, I only want to spend money on things that make a difference, following your advice regarding the CAE shifter lol :wink: :biggrin:

Yeah but cotton relies less on the oil so even if you don't quite get enough on it's less detrimental to the filtering properties than were it foam. - It's all mostly trivial anyway as stated.
Oh and hoses have a continous smooth bore and won't collapse under vacuum, so are functional :wink:

Mate it's all about the up-sell!!! :smiley:

Sooooo... K&N is the way forward :wink:?

Lol, I may go for the K&N as like I said I have a voucher to use up. They are about £43 new online.

I really shouldn't be modifying this at all as its a slippery slope but I just love the thing. It's a great little machine.

Few little updates on this. Something I have been meaning to do for a while, I finally got around to cleaning my seatbelts. Although the car is mint overall, the previous owner is/was a mechanic, and obviously used to hop in and drive home from work with grubby mits, therefore part of the drivers belt was really grubby, and needed a right good clean! I followed a bit of a guide on the Renault forum and adapted it slightly, and really pleased with the results. I also gave the Recaro's and clean and the whole interior looks brand new now, so pleased with it.

Here are the photos. PS: Vanish soap bar combined with a scrubbing brush worked excellently at shifting the grime:

Lower part of seatbelt compared to the upper part:

Clio%2033_zpsyur3sjf4.jpg

The product I used to clean them with, and also had some soap powder in the water:

Clio%2034_zps8hlcndqx.jpg

Top part of belt cable tied off:

Clio%2036_zpsea90228k.jpg

Soaking before a scrub:

Clio%2035_zpspxmdzae3.jpg

Dirty water!

Clio%2037_zpshw36czwf.jpg

Drying them off with an AutoGlym chamois:

Clio%2038_zpsbim8wnkf.jpg

Drier and looking way better:

Clio%2039_zpshiojyt8y.jpg

Clean drivers side vs Passenger side (yet to be cleaned):

Clio%2040_zpsae3oahsb.jpg

Drying properly:

Clio%2041_zpswpzs0yar.jpg

Clean seats and looking mint (hardly any wear either!)

Clio%2042_zpslgnp9lwr.jpg

Clio%2043_zpsbnu1mm5e.jpg

Clio%2044_zpsn5kd1rnc.jpg

Gave it a full detail too:

Clio%2052_zpsmapkksfa.jpg

Clio%2053_zpsuofpzfi0.jpg

Clio%2054_zpsyxqqeuaw.jpg

Clio%2058_zpshlebpyxu.jpg

Then a drive up to my favourite spot for a final shot:

Clio%2063_zpsomrnbvxd.jpg

Finally, I may be thinking of putting this up for sale as I really fancy a Megane now, however, having trouble finding a Megane in the spec and condition I want, so I will continue to do bits to the Clio until then. I've ordered a K&N panel filter which I will fit this weekend, and I also need some new tyres so thinking of getting some Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2's. Not cheap, but the best!

Thanks

Lewis

I bet you did this so you can fit a CAE shifter without any fear as the Meg boxes are much better!! :wink:

Shame but I def understand the change given you have the Rallye.

Lol the gearshift in the Megane is probably not quite as crisp as the Clio strangely enough. It's good but it doesn't feel as tight as the Clio. It's a new car though really so probably just needs some miles under its belt to loosen up.

Only got this pic currently as weather is pants!!

CCE03C1B-8B16-4681-9D93-DAB874A9DEF6_zps1nxsoxtb.jpg