My Renaultsport Machine - Glacier White Clio 200 Cup

Thanks guys.

A couple of arty Instagram shots from this evening:

BF0E5C25-CAC8-4A9E-A4E0-225FBE77734F_zpsydp5pofm.jpg

8FC93C1E-9B1A-4202-8106-F8DD6A45284D_zpsqlebalfv.jpg

And I really like this one:

C24C3BDC-12BE-49CF-B83F-8D64FFE3E1DC_zpso28g3cno.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks pal. Yes annoyingly it's just a phone photo. Will have to go up there with my decent camera at some point. Probably won't be able to replicate it though! :worried:

Ok some more work today - feel dead tonight after a day of working on it. It was my birthday so had the day off, what better way to spend it than playing with the car :smile:

Firstly I took the rear lights off and cleaned all the gunk out from behind them, like new now.

Then I spent ages hoovering the rest of the car, mainly drivers side and cleaning the seat rails and all the nooks and crannies. I have oredered some new mats for it too which will freshen up the interior. They should arrive next week I think.

Then I cleaned the engine bay some more, looks mint now.

I also cleaned the whole car but it got dark before I could take photos, so will try and get some tomorrow!

Poo behind the light:

Clio%2014_zpstbttwvdz.jpg

Cleaned:

Clio%2015_zpsfbqxmery.jpg

Clio%2016_zpsv1dmcsnc.jpg

Light refitted and looking good:

Clio%2017_zpsdndmhaog.jpg

Cleaned inside the fuel filler cap (need to replace the rubber cord):

Clio%2018_zps5yoaxdxw.jpg

Hoovered interior (took AAAGES):

Clio%2020_zpsedxio77o.jpg

Cleaned engine bay:

Clio%2019_zpsnodf5ugn.jpg

Hopefully will get some shots up of the whole car tomorrow :smile:

Lewis

Thanks again lads.

Thinking of maybe getting some better pads as while it stops well, I can't help but feel it could be a little sharper. We shall see. Tempted with some two piece discs but really ought to save the money to map my Rallye...argh, we shall see.

I went for a drive yesterday as the weather was nice and took a few photo's. Gave her a bit of thrashing once warmed up on the back road. She reaaaally does stick to the road I must say. Impressed with it. First time i've been able to open it up as I always seem to get stuck behind some dawdling incompetent jerk in an MPV or Honda Jazz whenever I head out the door, however, yesterday lady luck was on my side!

The snaps. She is also very clean as I spent the day washing it this week smile.gif

Clio%2021_zpsce5m1cif.jpg

Clio%2022_zps2dxgwlqg.jpg

Clio%2023_zpstuldngpx.jpg

Clio%2024_zpsz5tonuny.jpg

thats what they are built for..im surprised sometimes how much grip they provide..nice pictures
as for better pads-try look into mintex1144's..they are like £60 delivered and i have to say im well over the moon with them..

Thanks dude. Are the mintex's better than the Ferodo DS2500's then? I've had those before on my SAxo with Hi-Spec brakes and they were really good.

M1144's are fine for road mate, but on my 106 bud they were absolute junk on track. For the money if you're never going on the track probably ok, but frankly you might as well ust get new OEM Brembo's. Out of the 2 i'd prefer ds2500's. General consencious is ds2500's take more abuse on track although I've never tried them myself.

Personally I think I'd look at either XP8's or XP10's next, getting some good reviews across the board from what I've read. - But as I got a brand new set of Yellowstuff for £55 I'll run them again. - Get alot of EBC haters from back when the Greenstuff used to literally fall apart - but I've run the later compound yellows on 2 cars now on road and track (1 a lardy mkv diesel, the other my clio now) and they have been stella.

I had green stuffs on my saxo and they were ****ing shocking things. So bad! What brand are the xp10's dude? Thanks.

Carbotech.

CL's are suposed to be good, but the fallout can cause rusting problems and given my aversion to washing of late, they are therefore not an option for me. - For you though mate washing like every week you could use them! :wink:

Thanks dude. Are the mintex's better than the Ferodo DS2500's then? I've had those before on my SAxo with Hi-Spec brakes and they were really good.
they wont be better than the ferrodo 2500's im pretty sure..wouldnt tell you as i havent had them on yet..will be putting them on for a track day at some point..ask [MENTION=50771]Azagedon[/MENTION] as he swears by them and he has a boosted clio..

they wont be better than the ferrodo 2500's im pretty sure..wouldnt tell you as i havent had them on yet..will be putting them on for a track day at some point..ask @Azagedon as he swears by them and he has a boosted clio..

He wasn't being very hard on the brakes though at all around Bedford, besides I thought he had M1155's anyway?

M1144's are not a track pad, I destroyed a set and they fadded horribly, truly dire. They literally fell off the backing from the lack of ability to handle heat under 'proper' use.

He wasn't being very hard on the brakes though at all around Bedford, besides I thought he had M1155's anyway?

M1144's are not a track pad, I destroyed a set and they fadded horribly, truly dire. They literally fell off the backing from the lack of ability to handle heat under 'proper' use.
haha thats why the ds2500's are going on when on track :lol:
as above..the mintex1144's are a good pad for fast road but when you are planning to do some track days i would go for something else...

I have 1144's I didn't want a track pad seeing as I drive it every day.
I'm no pro racing driver but I think its the best fast road pad money can buy.

On track do I remember standing on the brakes and had no fade what so ever throughout the day, tyres overheated by the end of the day before the brakes did. But yeah it isn't a dedicated track pad but I don't fancy any compromise it's not what my car is about :smile:.

Thanks fellas. Think I will go for the ds2500's as they are a good pad and work well on the road too. I can't help but feel my standard set up just isn't quite as good as id like given the speeds I can get to in the clio! Still mightily tempted with two piece discs too........

Couple more recent updates on this which I have finally got around to uploading the photos of. Got some new mats, new window seals (real nightmare job that was), and a new dash clock display surround as mine was scratched up.

Also removed my speedo cluster and got rid of a dead bug that had gotten in there which was messing with my OCD!

Box of goodies:

Clio%2025_zpsbxrsrdyw.jpg

Mats:

Clio%2026_zpsfktoxfft.jpg

Centre console clock surround removed - after work night time job this was, hence flash.

Clio%2027_zps8kws79zr.jpg

Clocks out:

Clio%2028_zps4pre9tkd.jpg

The offending bug:

Clio%2029_zpsiom2ymf1.jpg

Gone with the help of my camera lens air blower device:

Clio%2030_zps1fsiieb0.jpg

New rear window seals - what a ball ache job this is.......

Clio%2031_zpsvjmyjfxq.jpg

The old cracked seal, will try and take some photos of the bits fitted at some point:

Clio%2032_zpsy8etwlcn.jpg

That's all for now,

Lewis

Ok I wanted to remove my wheels last night and clean the insides of them and clean up the calipers etc. I'd recently bought some black plastic wheelnut covers to freshen up the nuts as follows, however, they just would not come off so had to drill a hole in the centres and then hook them out. Ball ache. So just gonna buy some black wheel bolts altogether I think cant be assed with aggro like that every time! The small tool supplies with the wouldn't work either as they were on too tight. Also snap on needle nose pliers couldn't even pull them out. So drilling was a last resort.

These are the covers in question. Probably best to avoid.

F6D93CB5-FE86-44E2-894F-DE921531977B_zpsgo6b398n.jpg