My R27 F1

Bought my second 197 from Waters Renault in St Albans.
Was going to keep her standard but soon got the urge to do a few very small changes.
First up was a set of RS mats and Renault boot mat.
Then a left hand drive sunvisor for the passenger(adds mirror cover and toll ticket holder) A drivers wide angle mirror on the near side.And some RS exhaust trims finished off the first round of small improvements.
This Pic was as bought at 13000 miles.
DSC00332.jpg
Exhaust trims fitted with no clamps just pushed on so they can go further in ,the hole drilled and self taper retains the trim in place.
th_DSC00352.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about exhaust trims so tried a few ideas including painting the ends yellow.
I was also thinking of fitting the type I had on my first 197 (nimbus)Clio.
DSC_0218rs2.jpg
DSC00343-1.jpg

Next a spare wheel and tyre ,the wheel was bought new from Renault a 5 stud 17" Espace wheel(RS megane) and a Contonental Van tyre from ebay.
th_DSC00637-1.jpg
DSC00670.jpg

Last edited:
very nice mate I went to look at a LY 197 F1 but they had sold it when I arrived so I had to settle for a 197 F1 in black! I'm looking to get a cup rear wing for my Clio.. does it suit the car? I've fears of it looking chavvy but every pic I see they look great!

how do you find the difference between a standard 197 and the F1 ?

Not a lot realy ,but just enough to make it special!!
I'm getting to like the cup wing a lot now,would look bare without it.

Last edited:
Awesome mate!! Could you post up a pick from the front with the rear wing and splitter in front. Im umming and arring about getting one, need you to persuade me :wink: lol! Does it make the car look more stocky? I know pics can be deceiving, cup spoiler always looks different in pics. Cheers

I prefer the spoiler on your Nimbus, I'm going to get one fitted eventually! Not sure if you seen that one Mike?

I like the spoiler on the nimbus, it does suit it! But in the flesh for me the cup one does it for me. It looks so finished off with it.

What exhaust is that one the back of the nimbus???